+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP asking me to apply for BOWP to process my application

Bob619

Jul 23, 2016
Hi Experts,
I received a call from OINP officer yesterday. She asked me to apply for
BOWP and send her proof along with other requested documents since my WP is expiring in 15 days. I looked on CIC website and they clearly states that i need to have either support letter or Nomination to apply for BOWP. What are my optionsÉ

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Bob619 said:
Hi Experts,
BOWP and send her proof along with other requested documents since my WP is expiring in 15 days. I looked on CIC website and they clearly states that i need to have either support letter or Nomination to apply for BOWP. What are my optionsÉ
Support Letter is basically a letter of explanation. Many applicants have got BOWP, in same situation like you, try finding someone on forum. Use search feature.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
prashantduggal said:
Support Letter is basically a sletter of explanation of your situation. Many applicants have got BOWP, in same situation like you, try finding someone on forum. Use search feature.

when did you applied for the OINP ???
are you going to apply for any status ??

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Bob619 said:
Hi Experts,
As I told you if BOWP is not easy, Visitor Visa is the best option for you. Student Visa will take time. You will not be able to work after 15 days anyhow. you will have to restore your status immediately because you already received a call from OINP and you need to submit of your status. IF you do it soon your file will be processed for completion and you will get nominated in a month. They give priority to CEC and so you must take a decision where you can restore your status in a fastest way.

FBack54

May 25, 2015
I also got the same call, but it was basically the day before my work permit was supposed to expire. At that point, I had already submitted a BOWP application with my OINP AOR and a letter of explanation. For OINP, I sent them a snapshot of the CIC page where it talks about implied status, my proof of payment for the BOWP application, and proof of delivery (UPS tracking page with delivery date).

Honestly OINP doesn't seem to know how BOWPs work because my BOWP application is incomplete as I did not have a EE AOR to go with it. I got the nomination yesterday, so once I submit my EE application, I will send in the e-APR stuff and my nomination to CIC in the hopes that they will append it to the BOWP application. Its a long shot but worth a try in my books. Other option is to apply for a visitor visa within the 90 days restoration period but that just guarantees that my BOWP application is totally meaningless.

Anant555

Feb 13, 2015
I have similar situation. Work permit expiring July 30th and by sending all the emails, they reply with positive email of processing my application within 15 Calendar days. So, I am expecting call next week and bit confused on whether to go for Study Permit, for which I already received enrollment letter or apply for Bridging work permit to buy some time.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
FBack54 said:
I also got the same call, but it was basically the day before my work permit was supposed to expire. At that point, I had already submitted a BOWP application with my OINP AOR and a letter of explanation. For OINP, I sent them a snapshot of the CIC page where it talks about implied status, my proof of payment for the BOWP application, and proof of delivery (UPS tracking page with delivery date).

Honestly OINP doesn't seem to know how BOWPs work because my BOWP application is incomplete as I did not have a EE AOR to go with it. I got the nomination yesterday, so once I submit my EE application, I will send in the e-APR stuff and my nomination to CIC in the hopes that they will append it to the BOWP application. Its a long shot but worth a try in my books. Other option is to apply for a visitor visa within the 90 days restoration period but that just guarantees that my BOWP application is totally meaningless.
What is your timeline my friend? Did you apply paper application?

Bob619

Jul 23, 2016
FBack54 said:

As per my understanding, if your BOWP workpermit is incomplete than your the time you work during your implied status is considered as void. check CIC website. I am planning to call them on Monday, Plan B is I am planning to hire a consultant to navigate me through this process.

FBack54

May 25, 2015
Nilkanth Lucky said:
What is your timeline my friend? Did you apply paper application?
Timeline for BOWP? I submitted a paper application which was delivered on June 30th. My PGWP expired on July 5th.

FBack54

May 25, 2015
Bob619 said:
As per my understanding, if your BOWP workpermit is incomplete than your the time you work during your implied status is considered as void. check CIC website. I am planning to call them on Monday, Plan B is I am planning to hire a consultant to navigate me through this process.
Yeah, that's how I understand it as well. That's why I will likely apply for a visitor visa within 90 days of my work permit expiry to be safe. It would be great to get some advice from people that have already heard back from CIC on how their BOWP application was treated if they didn't have EE AOR. There is already some chatter on this exact topic on another thread. Do keep us posted on what CIC tells you!

Bob619

Jul 23, 2016
Hi,
I Got a notification on CIC and I got nominated for OINP. Am I suppose to get any letter from OINP? Does it come in Email? I find it strange that I had a notification on CIC portal before getting an email from OINP.
I called OINP on Monday to discuss the BOWP application. Long story short after that conversation I submitted requested documents. I got email from them in 2 hr that my file has been moved to decision phase. Today, I got a notification on CIC.
Do 600 points gets updated on EE profile within 24 hrs? Should I be receiving letter in email from OINP?

FBack54

May 25, 2015
Bob619 said:
Hi,
I Got a notification on CIC and I got nominated for OINP. Am I suppose to get any letter from OINP? Does it come in Email? I find it strange that I had a notification on CIC portal before getting an email from OINP.
I called OINP on Monday to discuss the BOWP application. Long story short after that conversation I submitted requested documents. I got email from them in 2 hr that my file has been moved to decision phase. Today, I got a notification on CIC.
Do 600 points gets updated on EE profile within 24 hrs? Should I be receiving letter in email from OINP?
Congrats! It's awesome that you got your nomination before your work permit expires. No, you won't get any letter or email from OINP other than the message you have in your mycic portal. I would be very surprised if your points get updated within 24 hours. It took 4 days for me from the date of nomination.

Bob619

Jul 23, 2016
FBack54 said:
Congrats! It's awesome that you got your nomination before your work permit expires. No, you won't get any letter or email from OINP other than the message you have in your mycic portal. I would be very surprised if your points get updated within 24 hours. It took 4 days for me from the date of nomination.
Thanks :). Just wondering what would I need then for applying BOWP. I was under an impression that they will send Nomination letter.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Bob619 said:
Thanks :). Just wondering what would I need then for applying BOWP. I was under an impression that they will send Nomination letter.
OINP kind of misleading you. You cannot apply for BOWP based on their nomination. You're applying for BOWP based on your PR application. The fact that you have been nominated by ON doesn't matter at all as you're applying for PR through EE.