+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP as an outland canidate? how do i show ties if i never been there

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
Hey by the grace of god it seems i got an OINP interest letter in my EE profile today. I decided to jump on it and start looking at the requirements

one thing it mentioned is "ties to ontario"

what am i supposed to do for this i never been to canada, i am a mexican national that lived in the usa my whole life. would mentioning having family in ny be good since its close to ontario? otherwise would should i put. will i be rejected if i don't have ties to the province?

I wanted to live in Ontario anyway and have been applying for jobs on the job bank there as well as looking for homes on zillow.

Not sure how to procced from here thanks

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Hello, and congratulations on receiving your NOI.

You don't need to show ties to Ontario if you don't have any. You only need to convince the agent working on your case, that if you receive the OINP PNP nomination, and your PR application gets approved, you will in fact remain living in Ontario.

You can do this by writing a good letter of explanation declaring your intention to remain in Ontario. You can mention how you've been researching about the province, the quality of life, how according to your research, there are a lot of work opportunities for your main occupation and stuff like that. Of course, all that must be truthful.

Showing proof that you've been applying for Work in Ontario is something that can help you to demonstrate that you are compromised with the province.

As per the OINP website:

"To demonstrate your intention to reside in Ontario, you must list your established ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • current and/or previous employment in Ontario
  • job offers or jobs applied to/interviewed for in Ontario
  • education in Ontario
  • volunteer work in Ontario
  • lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership
  • professional networks and affiliations
  • family ties
  • social connections or personal relationships
  • previous visits to Ontario
If you do not have ties to Ontario, you may provide a statement of intent that you wish to reside in Ontario."

Source: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream – Applicant Checklist | OINP Document Checklists | ontario.ca

Cheers!