+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aaref84 said:
My OINP application was received on November 4th and I just had it returned today as incomplete for the following reason:

"Fee Payment Instrument has to be Drawn on Canadian Account"

My bank draft was issued in Canadian dollars and is valid for a year. I dont understand how they expect people to somehow remotely setup Canadian bank accounts, despite having no legal status that would allow me to do so, and why wasn't this mentioned in the application guide?

Has anyone else faced the same problem, or can help me figure what they need exactly?

Thanks in advance.
What the hell is this? Oh God, I'm so sorry :( . This is terrible!

This definitely is bad luck! How would anyone who is not in Canada open a Canadian bank account? No way - this is not the reason for sure!

Was your draft payable to "Ontario minister of finance"?

Where did you get the DD from?

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaref84 said:
My OINP application was received on November 4th and I just had it returned today as incomplete for the following reason:

My bank draft was issued in Canadian dollars and is valid for a year. I dont understand how they expect people to somehow remotely setup Canadian bank accounts, despite having no legal status that would allow me to do so, and why wasn't this mentioned in the application guide?

Has anyone else faced the same problem, or can help me figure what they need exactly?

Thanks in advance.
Ohh, Sorry to hear that buddy!! Was your DD drawn from western union or non banking mode. Try correcting the issue, get the DD form some reputed bank who has tie up in Canada. Re-send you application ASAP.

vik008

Oct 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaref84 said:

Thanks in advance.
So sorry to hear this @aaref84, I just cross checked my DD, it was payable at 'Bank of Montreal, Toronto, ON'.

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaref84 said:
Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear about your rejection, however the DD needs to be payable at a bank/branch in Canada, otherwise OINP will not be able to encash it. This is done by the bank you get the DD from. You are obviously are not expected to have an account in Canada

Can you say if this was the case? More details about the DD will help in understanding the issue better.

Cheers!

aaref84

Feb 4, 2016
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The DD was issued from commercial international bank which is the biggest bank here in Egypt. However, the correspondant bank that would process the withdrawal between which ever canadian bank oinp chooses and my bank here is Commerzbank which is a reputable bank in germany.

Ive worked in banking for many years n this is common practice since not every bank in the world maintains direct relation with every other bank in the world, they need middlemen to efficiently expand their reach.

That oinp requires the correspondant bank to also be canadian is just baffling and useless. If the tried cashing the check it will go through.

Anyway i'll see if my bank can re-issue under a canadian correspondant but its highly doubtful cause otherwise they wudve done it automatically. I think my best chance is to have someone issue a DD from canada on my behalf.

Anyway thank you all for your input.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aaref84 said:
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The DD was issued from commercial international bank which is the biggest bank here in Egypt. However, the correspondant bank that would process the withdrawal between which ever canadian bank oinp chooses and my bank here is Commerzbank which is a reputable bank in germany.

Ive worked in banking for many years n this is common practice since not every bank in the world maintains direct relation with every other bank in the world, they need middlemen to efficiently expand their reach.

That oinp requires the correspondant bank to also be canadian is just baffling and useless. If the tried cashing the check it will go through.

Anyway i'll see if my bank can re-issue under a canadian correspondant but its highly doubtful cause otherwise they wudve done it automatically. I think my best chance is to have someone issue a DD from canada on my behalf.

Anyway thank you all for your input.
Good luck, dude!! All the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It's Friday morning! Let's hope OINP realizes our agony, takes our money, scribbles an email and sends it across! Let's see some AORs today! :) :)

vik008

Oct 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Guys, a Nov 3 applicant got AOR today. He's not on the forum! :)
Great, atleast they are moving ahead, bit slowly though. Was expecting couple of more AORs this week.
Next week serms to be urs.

vik008

Oct 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hopefully, vik008!! Hope is the only thing that's keeping me going!
Same case for everyone! All d best.

Ramky

Jul 28, 2015
Received OINP PT Notification

Hi Frens,

I have 432 points and got OINP PT notification on 02-Feb-2016, I would like to know how long does it take to get a nomination after they receive the complete application. In their website, it is mentioned that 3 months is the max time, but I want to know realistic timelines.

Thanks,
Ramky

vik008

Oct 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Received OINP PT Notification

Ramky said:
Hi Frens,

I have 432 points and got OINP PT notification on 02-Feb-2016, I would like to know how long does it take to get a nomination after they receive the complete application. In their website, it is mentioned that 3 months is the max time, but I want to know realistic timelines.

Thanks,
Ramky
They took almost 3 months to issue me just AOR, rest you can predict. (Year end might have added addional dealy for us)
Only thing is constant with OINP is increase in the processing time.
Its better to submit application at the earliest.
With current trends, they might took around 5-6 months for complete processing.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Received OINP PT Notification

Ramky said:
Hi Frens,

Thanks,
Ramky

Your score are not that bad, so you should only go for oinp only if can't improve your score through ielts, if have room to improve than try it first because its must faster and way cheaper, ;)