+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application PAST 45 day deadline- CANADA POST ERROR

Dr.Khanda

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mailed my package via emirates post on 14th Jan. It reached Canada on 15th and was dispatched to the delivery office on 17th in Missisuaga, Ontario. Since then it is there and hasn't been delivered to OINP. My deadline is 25th Jan. I have emailed OINP and attached my receipt and track history. No reply yet. Dont want to lose this chance since I know crs wont go down to my score of 439.
What else should I do?

samzgfang

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck!

I'm just wondering the window of 45 days of ONIP is capped by the postal day of documents or arrival day?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
samzgfang said:
Good luck!

I'm just wondering the window of 45 days of ONIP is capped by the postal day of documents or arrival day?
obviously arrival day but if you have genuine problem you can mail them.

samzgfang

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Fingers crossed that my application package reach OINP team before Feb 8th.

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
I've noticed quite a few people sending their applications from west of GTA are facing this issue. I suspect that the OINP office in Toronto is receiving a lot of mail and as a result, have stopped scanning packages. This is why the tracking page for most people shows the mail still in Mississauga(i.e. if you are sending from West of toronto, it goes through mississauga first, not sure where it goes if you are east of Toronto...)

I emailed OINP and asked them if they received my application before my deadline. They confirmed that they did.
I would recommend anyone facing this issue to do the same. At the same time, you can never be sure and the application may genuinely be delayed/lost. I would suggest opening a ticket with Canada Post as well, to cover your bases.

Hope that helps. Good Luck! :)

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
mkv102 said:
I've noticed quite a few people sending their applications from west of GTA are facing this issue. I suspect that the OINP office in Toronto is receiving a lot of mail and as a result, have stopped scanning packages. This is why the tracking page for most people shows the mail still in Mississauga(i.e. if you are sending from West of toronto, it goes through mississauga first, not sure where it goes if you are east of Toronto...)

I emailed OINP and asked them if they received my application before my deadline. They confirmed that they did.
I would recommend anyone facing this issue to do the same. At the same time, you can never be sure and the application may genuinely be delayed/lost. I would suggest opening a ticket with Canada Post as well, to cover your bases.

Hope that helps. Good Luck! :)
Which email address would this be ??

I heard that they can't verify whether they've received your application or not until you get AOR.
They wouldn't just search through the pile of packages they've received would they ?

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi everyone

I am in a similar situation as well. My OINP package was sent last week via Xpresspost by Canada Post and it was signed and delivered in Mississauga (instead of Toronto). This worries me as I know the OINP office is located downtown Toronto.

I have tried sending an email to OINP but I doubt they will respond confirming that my package was delivered to their office.

Just wondering if you guys managed to figure out it this was a system glitch with Canada Post and if your package was indeed delivered to OINP?

Any information will be greatly, greatly appreciated.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
butters1690 said:
Hi everyone

I am in a similar situation as well. My OINP package was sent last week via Xpresspost by Canada Post and it was signed and delivered in Mississauga (instead of Toronto). This worries me as I know the OINP office is located downtown Toronto.

I have tried sending an email to OINP but I doubt they will respond confirming that my package was delivered to their office.

Just wondering if you guys managed to figure out it this was a system glitch with Canada Post and if your package was indeed delivered to OINP?

Any information will be greatly, greatly appreciated.

I am in a similar position. I sent my package on 25th Feb but the signing recorded as per canada post website was in Mississauga. quite strange

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hey Syedahraza

I made a huge issue out of this with Canada Post - I called and emailed them multiple times as they weren't giving me a straight forward answer. Eventually, someone from Canada Post called and said that because OINP is one of those huge government officers, they have their mails sent to Mississagua and then transported to their office in Toronto.

Now my only concern is .. i can only trust what canada post is saying because there's no way of confining with OINP that my package has indeed arrived at their office.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

samzgfang

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for digging into it, Butters!

butters1690 said:
Hey Syedahraza

I made a huge issue out of this with Canada Post - I called and emailed them multiple times as they weren't giving me a straight forward answer. Eventually, someone from Canada Post called and said that because OINP is one of those huge government officers, they have their mails sent to Mississagua and then transported to their office in Toronto.

Now my only concern is .. i can only trust what canada post is saying because there's no way of confining with OINP that my package has indeed arrived at their office.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!