+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application PAST 45 day deadline- CANADA POST ERROR

yeesha

Jun 7, 2014
Hello all,

Someone please help me out. I received my PT notification of interest from OINP on October 23 2015. Sent application via priority (next day) delivery on Dec 3rd with Canada Post (scheduled delivery of December 4th 2015).. Deadline for application was Dec 7th 2015. The tracking number now shows that the package was sent to Mississauga Ontario then rerouted back to Alberta from Ontario.

Last I checked, the application is now on its way to Ontario with a scheduled delivery of December 10th 2015. I called Canada Post and they are willing to provide evidence/ a letter confirming the error was on their end etc.. Should I:

1) Call Canada post to stop delivery & withdraw profile/ create new one hoping to receive another PT notification of interest from Ontario

2) Allow them to deliver package & get written letter from Canada Post to submit to OINP explaining my situation

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeesha said:
Hello all,

Someone please help me out. I received my PT notification of interest from OINP on October 23 2015. Sent application via priority (next day) delivery on Dec 3rd with Canada Post (scheduled delivery of December 4th 2015).. Deadline for application was Dec 7th 2015. The tracking number now shows that the package was sent to Mississauga Ontario then rerouted back to Alberta from Ontario.

Last I checked, the application is now on its way to Ontario with a scheduled delivery of December 10th 2015. I called Canada Post and they are willing to provide evidence/ a letter confirming the error was on their end etc.. Should I:

1) Call Canada post to stop delivery & withdraw profile/ create new one hoping to receive another PT notification of interest from Ontario

2) Allow them to deliver package & get written letter from Canada Post to submit to OINP explaining my situation

Thank you
If your all the documents are in place, than give it a try.
Cause if Ontario is going to deny your application(which will be same outcome as withdrawing) you wont be charged anything, so why not give it a try.

Best Regards,
Omsaiom

Arian_UD

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeesha said:
Hello all,

Thank you
I suggest you go by your option number 2.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
I second the posters above, go with option 2. It's a no-brainer if you think about it. With Option 2, you have a shot and nothing to lose if they don't accept the packet (you get your app fee back). Best wishes to you.

yeesha

Jun 7, 2014
Thank you all for your input. I got a letter from Canada Post explaining the reason for the delay. Let's hope they accept that.

Happy Holidays!

Arian_UD

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeesha said:
Thank you all for your input. I got a letter from Canada Post explaining the reason for the delay. Let's hope they accept that.

Happy Holidays!
All the very best Yeesha!

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OINP are very kind and magnanimous hearted people. They will accept your application.

Out of curiosity, why it took so long for them to deliver..a month. I sent it from India through DHL and it reached the destination in 3 days.

yeesha

Jun 7, 2014
niravk said:
OINP are very kind and magnanimous hearted people. They will accept your application.

Out of curiosity, why it took so long for them to deliver..a month. I sent it from India through DHL and it reached the destination in 3 days.
Hi Niravk.

I hope they are really kind-hearted. I called ONIP yesterday and the lady said I should send an email and attach all the supporting documents from Canada Post and they will accept my application. I mailed the application on December 3rd, It should have arrived on December 4th but they delivered it December 9th. The manager said she had no explanation for the delay except that it may have been a sorting error.

It has been a frustrating few days to say the least.

Thanks!

Yeesha

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
Hi Yeesha,

Any luck with this? I am going through a similar issue where my mail is apparently stuck in Mississauga. I was also wondering how you were able to get the letter from Canada post?

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
I'm not sure, but I think someone mentioned on this forum that the date you sent your package is what is important, as the delivery date is more or less out of your control. But I recommend that you always send such documents with a courier service. Go for UPS or FedEx. DHL is not very good in North America and they take longer to deliver packages as they don't have a good network there.

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
yeesha said:
and the lady said I should send an email and attach all the supporting documents from Canada Post and they will accept my application.
Did you do this? Send an email to OINP explaining your situation asap, while your application gets there. OINP should accept it as you sent out the application on a day before the deadline. So, stick with plan #2. Also, I recommend using priority Fedex in the future for sending papers to OINP/CIC. Have had no problems so far.

mkv102

Dec 31, 2015
Will definitely use priority FedEx from now on. So far I didn't have any issues with Canada Post, but this has made me lose faith in them. I will also try the recommendation of emailing them explaining my situation. (My only concern is if I should wait till cp finds my mail and sends it to them or is it actually lost?)

I was also curious on how to get a letter from Canada Post explaining the delay. Over the phone they said they don't provide this and that I should take a screenshot of the tracking page as proof. If anyone has some other ideas I'm all ears.

FBack54

May 25, 2015
This seems to be a common thing with Canada Post Priority. I sent my package Jan 11th and it now says delivered to Mississauga, ON and there is no signature...I called Canada Post and they confirmed that it was delivered to 400 University Ave, but just to the mailroom and not to the OINP office.

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets Create a Whatsapp group so that All Jan OINP members can connect together