+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oil Field Jobless worker want to Go abroad on 28/28 rotation

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Hi Folk,

I understand that what CIC preferred for immigrant to live, work and stay in Canada at least as long as they do not become Citizen, One of my friend Geologist by profession in Canadian Oil Industry struggling to find a Job since March 2014, he applied for his Citizenship in August, 2014 (1101 days Physical present) and got his application in process status, now he got a job offer of 28/28 rotation from a Middle-eastern country, he want my opinion what shall he do as he is scared that CIC might look his in / out as negative point during test/ interview. His family will remain in Canada during the period he would be working abroad.

I would like you guys opinion as no one know how the other day the CIC would take his Job.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
HHH2000 said:
Hi Folk,

I understand that what CIC preferred for immigrant to live, work and stay in Canada at least as long as they do not become Citizen, One of my friend Geologist by profession in Canadian Oil Industry struggling to find a Job since March 2014, he applied for his Citizenship in August, 2014 (1101 days Physical present) and got his application in process status, now he got a job offer of 28/28 rotation from a Middle-eastern country, he want my opinion what shall he do as he is scared that CIC might look his in / out as negative point during test/ interview. His family will remain in Canada during the period he would be working abroad.

I would like you guys opinion as no one know how the other day the CIC would take his Job.
I don't think anything can be suggested to him other than that he should proceed to his job and ask his family to keep vigilant eye on Test and oath letters. The other option could be if he is not from Ontario so he can be sure that next six months are safe for him to join his job and in the mean time during rotation break he should continue to find a job in Canada. At the time of interview he can explain the CIC agent that he just went out for bread n butter otherwise his intention always to find a suitable job in Canada.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
HHH2000 said:
Hi Folk,

I think nothing will happen he will get his citizenship processed smoothly coz one our family friend actually moved from here end of last year and got their test n oath simmer 2014 and the person did tell the citizenship officer that. He is working abroad it doesn't matter the co said they only checked the dates in which he stated in the application that's it
If u have spent time here with all honesty and you have work experience opportunity I don't think there should. Be any problem especially in ur friends case as he's done with his time here and his family is going to continue to reside here

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
I just confirmed the same thing with an officer on the phone, as I did in person: The main issue is that applicants don't maintain their PR status, or miss CIC communication by being abroad. For your friend, it's best to figure out how he can travel back to Canada for the test, if he gets the invite less than two weeks before.