+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP while on implied status

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
As long as you're working and ALREADY applied to renew you current work permit or applied for PR then it should work. If Service Ontario refused to renew it, you can email them or write on social media and they advertised for it after all, see link https://www.ontario.ca/feedback/contact-us?id=7476&nid=72662
It doesn't help. There are only 3 documents accepted by ServiceOntario to renew OHIP:
1. New/renewed work permit - BOWP
2. A written confirmation letter from IRCC that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for PR in Canada.
3. PR card

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't help. There are only 3 documents accepted by ServiceOntario to renew OHIP:
1. New/renewed work permit - BOWP
2. A written confirmation letter from IRCC that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for PR in Canada.
3. PR card
Well, ServiceOntario agent go by the book, you need to take this matter to the review office and hope for the best.

Reactions: jes_ON

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I wrote a letter to ServiceOntario via its website and got its response. It said that it will address the health insurance problem of those who apply for PR and waiting for the result and contact me for further information. Although there is no hope, our right is to raise a voice because we are working and we are paying taxes for the province and federal.

Reactions: Kerikeri

LordStanley

Jan 21, 2020
Category........
CEC
I wrote a letter to ServiceOntario via its website and got its response. It said that it will address the health insurance problem of those who apply for PR and waiting for the result and contact me for further information. Although there is no hope, our right is to raise a voice because we are working and we are paying taxes for the province and federal.
Hi, have they contacted you after that? (Sorry for bumping an old thread)

Reactions: Kerikeri

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hi, I’ve just been graduated and actively looking for job and yet to secure a job with pgwp. The current wait time for pgwp processing is 5 months. I would like to know if I’m eligible to apply for OHIP.
ps. I’m not currently working full time but part time as Uber eats delivery