+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP Questions

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I waited a little bit over 3 months after landing as a PR to look into applying for OHIP. I'm healthy and was happy to be just finished up with PR, so I haven't thought much about it. Is it okay that I've waited for a bit? I was just starting to worry about that and was hoping someone could confirm it with me.

Also, can you guys review my process and tell me if I got the right info?

From my understanding, I just go to Service Ontario with 3 documents and the application form filled out.
Is this the right version of the application to use? Just making sure because it says 2014 edition.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-0265-82

And these are my 3 documents.
1. Immigration Status Document:
- CoPR

2. Proof of Residency:
- Lease

3. Support of Identity:
- Passport

Is that all acceptable? I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys have to give me.
Thanks so much for all the help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

I waited a little bit over 3 months after landing as a PR to look into applying for OHIP. I'm healthy and was happy to be just finished up with PR, so I haven't thought much about it. Is it okay that I've waited for a bit? I was just starting to worry about that and was hoping someone could confirm it with me.

Also, can you guys review my process and tell me if I got the right info?

From my understanding, I just go to Service Ontario with 3 documents and the application form filled out.
Is this the right version of the application to use? Just making sure because it says 2014 edition.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-0265-82

And these are my 3 documents.
1. Immigration Status Document:
- CoPR

2. Proof of Residency:
- Lease

3. Support of Identity:
- Passport

Is that all acceptable? I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys have to give me.
Thanks so much for all the help.
From what I can remember when I did mine in 2014, that seems about right. They will also have the blank forms available at Service Ontario. The delay in applying is not a problem.

Reactions: epmarshall

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I can remember when I did mine in 2014, that seems about right. They will also have the blank forms available at Service Ontario. The delay in applying is not a problem.
Great, thanks Zardoz! I'm relieved to hear that my delayed application won't cause any issues.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I have a few questions about the OHIP form, just to be sure. For Section B, it asks, "Where did you move from?" For that, are they talking about my old US address?

I have been here for a few years, so when it asks, "When did you arrive to Ontario?" what do I say? Is that just the first time I came and stayed? (not the PR landing date?)

"When did you take up permanent residence in Ontario?" Is that just the date I landed as a PR?
Also "Are you a new immigrant?" I should put yes, right?

Thanks for all the help! I just want to make sure my answers to those are right.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, I have a few questions about the OHIP form, just to be sure. For Section B, it asks, "Where did you move from?" For that, are they talking about my old US address?

I have been here for a few years, so when it asks, "When did you arrive to Ontario?" what do I say? Is that just the first time I came and stayed? (not the PR landing date?)

"When did you take up permanent residence in Ontario?" Is that just the date I landed as a PR?
Also "Are you a new immigrant?" I should put yes, right?

Thanks for all the help! I just want to make sure my answers to those are right.

Just want to add that if you did a soft landing you have to bring you proof of the 2nd entry date at the beginning of the 3 months.

1. Yes US. Just trying to figure out if you are coming from another province I think.
2..When you arrived in Ontario on a permanent basis not soft landing.
3. Yes landing date
4. Yes because even citizens returning to Ontario must wait 3 months if moving from another country

Reactions: epmarshall

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to add that if you did a soft landing you have to bring you proof of the 2nd entry date at the beginning of the 3 months.

1. Yes US. Just trying to figure out if you are coming from another province I think.
2..When you arrived in Ontario on a permanent basis not soft landing.
3. Yes landing date
4. Yes because even citizens returning to Ontario must wait 3 months if moving from another country
Thanks, canuck78! That about covers it, but just to clarify about question 2. That would be when I was still a visitor and not a PR. I'm assuming that's still right. But what is a soft landing? I just want to make sure I don't miss something.