waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi there,

I have had OHIP as a temporary worker for 2 years now, and live in Ontario (and will continue to live here, my PR application is being processed right now and I have a valid work permit until sept1st 2017) it ends with my work permit, so this time it's going to expire on September 1st 2017. I am hoping (knock on wood) to have PR come in around August (let it be so!:)) My question is: seen as how I get a form to extend OHIP in the mail anyway, and seen as how I've had it for some time already, is it going to be renewed on the basis of copr and no wait, or does everyone have to wait 3 months even if they had it before?

I am asking because it's possible I will be pregnant then and might be due in September or October, which if I get PR in August is not going to be 3 months, and seen as how my OHIP is going to expire in September (possibly only a few weeks from my due date) I won't qualify for any insurance as most don't give insurance to visibly pregnant women ;) I heard it's possible to register with a midwife at the beginning of pregnancy and just have a home birth with her present, but I am not sure if that doesn't require OHIP as well. If to have a midwife I need OHIP too, then how much do you think it would be to have her around for delivery? I looked at hospital rates and they're high, but I guess if we can't get any other insurance then it'll have to do. But I am mostly curious about how it looks with getting OHIP after getting PR given that I have a job and have had OHIP for some time, and will have lived in Ontario continuously by the time I get my PR for 4 years. Let me know what you think.