+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP physical presence confusion.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You're eligible on day 1, both of you get your OHIP as soon as you land.

Ontario has done away with the waiting period, just apply.

There's nothing complicated about this.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Just an update on this:
My wife and I both applied for our OHIP and got it immediately. Our coverage started as soon as we go it. One tip is, if you are thinking of showing Utility bill or Bank statement as an address proof, it should be on an unopened Canadian post mail. You cannot download and print them out. This is applicable for new immigrants. In my case, I showed by phone bill on mobile app. Also, phone bill is the only digital proof of address accepted.

Reactions: Islander216

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Just an update on this:
My wife and I both applied for our OHIP and got it immediately. Our coverage started as soon as we go it. One tip is, if you are thinking of showing Utility bill or Bank statement as an address proof, it should be on an unopened Canadian post mail. You cannot download and print them out. This is applicable for new immigrants. In my case, I showed by phone bill on mobile app. Also, phone bill is the only digital proof of address accepted.
I guess it depends on the office. I used printed estatement just fine. But they only accept monthly statements. account opening letters and other docs from the bank, even if those were mailed, were not accepted.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I guess it depends on the office. I used printed estatement just fine. But they only accept monthly statements. account opening letters and other docs from the bank, even if those were mailed, were not accepted.
Are you new to Canada? Because they do accept those documents unless you are new to Canada.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
landed late november. got OHIP in dec with first bank statement from online banking acc.
Okay. I did the same in two locations. But they never accepted it.