+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP Card Application

emotionalpk

Jun 2, 2012
Dear Friends,

I landed in 2010 and got the health card for me and my kids. My wife couldn't apply for OHIP at that time. Now we are moving there permenently and I learned from someone that she has to wait for 3 months before she can apply for OHIP as she was out of canada for more than 6 months.

Please respond if it is correct or any source to varify the info. Detailed answer will be appreciated. Thanking you.

Best regards

Emo

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emotionalpk said:
Dear Friends,

I landed in 2010 and got the health card for me and my kids. My wife couldn't apply for OHIP at that time. Now we are moving there permenently and I learned from someone that she has to wait for 3 months before she can apply for OHIP as she was out of canada for more than 6 months.

Please respond if it is correct or any source to varify the info. Detailed answer will be appreciated. Thanking you.

Best regards

Emo
You can apply as soon as you establish residency in Ontario. However, there is a 3-month waiting period before you are eligible for services - you can find all the details in http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/ohip/wait.html.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can go to service canada office now and apply for Health Card but it would be delivered after 3 months after she took up residency in Ontario. Her passport would be required as the date of last entry would be seen.