+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP approved with in-process PR application

May 14, 2021
I hope this post will help people who, like me, have a pending PR application and are living in Ontario without OHIP. In OHIP website, under the eligibility criteria, it says:

• have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
    • you meet the eligibility requirements to apply
    • you have not yet been denied
I went to Service Ontario but they said they need the CoPR to approve OHIP. So I sent an email to oerc@ontario.ca with l passport scans and GCMS notes stating that my eligibility is passed. It took around 7 weeks to get a reply from our assigned case worked who asked us to fill up the OHIP registration forms and provide further information such as current immigration status. OHIP approval letter came after a week.

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
I hope this post will help people who, like me, have a pending PR application and are living in Ontario without OHIP. In OHIP website, under the eligibility criteria, it says:

• have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
I went to Service Ontario but they said they need the CoPR to approve OHIP. So I sent an email to oerc@ontario.ca with l passport scans and GCMS notes stating that my eligibility is passed. It took around 7 weeks to get a reply from our assigned case worked who asked us to fill up the OHIP registration forms and provide further information such as current immigration status. OHIP approval letter came after a week.
Interesting...!!

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Can i apply if my PGWP is expired and I have applied for OWP extension but it is still not approved. And I have applied for inland spousal sponsorship but haven't got AIP. But it's more than a 18 months ni decision has been made for my PR application

veen12_80

Nov 4, 2021
Hi Ervery one,

Is there any way yo get OHIP for Implied status for Close workpermit and it's depenends as VIsitors.

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018

Hello,
Could you please clarify what is current immigration status? what document?