+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officially Canadian today - Montreal - May 2014 Applicant!

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Just sharing my experience...

My journey of almost 7 months has come to an end when I have taken my citizenship test and oath and received my citizenship certificate this morning in Montreal.

Test was very easy (20/20). I finished it in almost 5 minutes. I was then called for the interview which in its turn didn't take more than 10 minutes. Main questions were around where I worked, lived and if I had family in Montreal. The interviewer also checked my passport for stamps to make sure they match the citizenship calculator (I have quite a few travels as I go twice a year to Dubai to visit family and all).

The ceremony was pleasant and it included 44 new citizens in total.

It was very beneficial for me to be on this forum. I have learnt a great deal.

I wish all of you best of luck!

Have a great weekend!

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PalCan said:
Hi everyone,

My journey of almost 7 months has come to an end when I have taken my citizenship test and oath and received my citizenship certificate this morning in Montreal.

Test was very easy (20/20). I finished it in almost 5 minutes. I was then called for the interview which in its turn didn't take more than 10 minutes. Main questions were around where I worked, lived and if I had family in Montreal. The interviewer also checked my passport for stamps to make sure they match the citizenship calculator (I have quite a few travels as I go twice a year to Dubai to visit family and all).

Have a great weekend!
Congratulations!

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
PalCan said:
Hi everyone,

Have a great weekend!
Congrats Palcan

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PalCan said:
Hi everyone,

Have a great weekend!
Congrats!

is that mean that i need to translate the non-English/French stamps ? is it must to have or its optional

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajevSantik said:
Congrats!

is that mean that i need to translate the non-English/French stamps ? is it must to have or its optional
No, I don't think it's optional. Stamps need to be in a language readable by the agent. I.e. English or French. If not, they need to be translated. In my case, dubai stamps are in both English and Arabic so I didn't need to translate them.