+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Official Mail

davisaj

Jul 16, 2012
I checked online for the status of my application on May 23rd and it was updated with the below:

"We sent you a notice on May 16, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 8, 2019 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I live in Toronto so typically mail makes it pretty quick. Having not received anything 1 week after it said it was sent I was a bit anxious. I still have not received anything and submitted a question through the Contact Us link noted but it said it could take a week to hear back.

Does anyone know how I could get more information? Does anyone know where tests in the Toronto area are administered and what I would have to bring?

davisaj

Jul 16, 2012
Was it physical mail or email? Check your spam folders for an email just in-case.
I check and clear my spam every day and there is nothing there.

Interesting though as on April 4th the site was updated to say "We sent you correspondence on April 4, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible." This was sent to me via email. Small difference "We sent you correspondence on April 4, 2019" vs. "We sent you a notice on May 16, 2019 to appear" but I wonder if 'correspondence' means email and 'notice' means physical mail.