+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

official invitation form from local municipality

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I am planning to invite relatives to visit me in Canada, and I think I heard about some kind of a official invitation form that people get at their local municipalities in Quebec.

I am having trouble finding anything about this online. Does anybody know what this might be?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am planning to invite relatives to visit me in Canada, and I think I heard about some kind of a official invitation form that people get at their local municipalities in Quebec.

I am having trouble finding anything about this online. Does anybody know what this might be?
Ask your municipality since you live in Quebec. Never heard of it or what the purpose would be.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

This is pointless unless this truly involves the municipality and they are part of the visit. For example if the individual was coming on a business trip and they run a vacation tour company and are exploring the local area with the help of the municipal workers. I assume you may have also heard people getting letters from the MPs supporting their family’s visit. All of these letters have no impact on the TRV application process unless you know the MP personally or the municipality is involved in their visit somehow. She your time and money