+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Official Canada PR Processing timeline and the Actual timeline!!!

dhruv_gupta

Jun 3, 2019
Bhopal, M.P.
Hi there,

I had applied for Canada PR Visa on 16th October 2018 and I was shown the timeline until 16th April 2019 i.e. 6 months from the date of application. I have not been awarded Visa till now, rather there is no news on PR result. The actual status of my application is showing something as follows:

on Timeline: Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

On the top: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify the information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete."

Other than that, on "Details about your application status" it is showing as follows:

Review of eligibility :- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results :- You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents:- We do not need additional documents.

Interview :- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics :- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check :- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision :- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Please help me out here and provide suggestions as to what can be done now.

Thnaks
Kind Regards
Dhruv Gupta

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Nothing you can do but wait. As they said, 20% of applications take longer than six months to process. You're in that 20% now.

If you want more detail, you can apply for your GCMS notes to see what's going on