+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officer did not ask for Canadian address and now I can't link to my application

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi,

Title says it all. I don't know if it's linked or not but the officer did not ask us for a canadian address. She just gave us the printout and said we can go to the URL on the page to "change the address" (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html)

I have tried many times but I always get a message saying information can't be found.

I also tried to link the application to my GCKey account and here again no success.
I read about the "place of birth" issue and tried all possible variations and still nothing.

I also called IRCC and they told me they proceeded to the change of my address and asked to wait a couple of days but few days have passed and I still don't know if my PR card has been requested or not.

Thanks for your help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Title says it all. I don't know if it's linked or not but the officer did not ask us for a canadian address. She just gave us the printout and said we can go to the URL on the page to "change the address" (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html)

I have tried many times but I always get a message saying information can't be found.

I also tried to link the application to my GCKey account and here again no success.
I read about the "place of birth" issue and tried all possible variations and still nothing.

I also called IRCC and they told me they proceeded to the change of my address and asked to wait a couple of days but few days have passed and I still don't know if my PR card has been requested or not.

Thanks for your help
Perhaps you should go back to the airport, explain what happened and try to give them your address.

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Perhaps you should go back to the airport, explain what happened and try to give them your address.
really ? so no one at IRCC reachable by phone or email can make that change except the officer we met the day we landed ?
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
really ? so no one at IRCC reachable by phone or email can make that change except the officer we met the day we landed ?
Thanks
You tried to reach IRCC by phone and webform, but no success. That's what you wrote in the first post. When you go to the airport, you might not meet the officer you met at the day you landed.

Reactions: Visavie

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi,

Thanks for your help
Officer was nice that he guided you to update your address on ecas. What I understand is that you have to give ‘intimation to ircc ‘ regarding where you want to receive pr card. This intimation is through ecas . It was very easy for me to update but as you are facing difficulty, you can do two things,call help line again and discuss your issue, second request your mp to call on your behalf and get updated your address. Best wishes and good luck.

Reactions: Visavie

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
You tried to reach IRCC by phone and webform, but no success. That's what you wrote in the first post. When you go to the airport, you might not meet the officer you met at the day you landed.
Thank you. Going back to the airport will be the last resort solution.
I don't understand why I receive the error messages even though the call center confirmed the information I put in to be correct

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Officer was nice that he guided you to update your address on ecas. What I understand is that you have to give ‘intimation to ircc ‘ regarding where you want to receive pr card. This intimation is through ecas . It was very easy for me to update but as you are facing difficulty, you can do two things,call help line again and discuss your issue, second request your mp to call on your behalf and get updated your address. Best wishes and good luck.
Thanks for your reply. Isn't the case that on landing the officer asks for an address and that's what they put on file to request the card ? In my case, the officer did not ask for an address and requesting the cards seems to not have been initiated.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you. Going back to the airport will be the last resort solution.
I don't understand why I receive the error messages even though the call center confirmed the information I put in to be correct
I think the link to change address only works for renewal OR replacement of PR card and not for 1st time PR card -

• At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Report a problem or mistake on this page

The next time you call IRCC, specifically ask them
1. If they have address you want your PR card to be mailed to
2. Your PR card application number (starts with R). You can then link PR card application to GCKey using option " Application number" . This will help you track your PR card.

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I think the link to change address only works for renewal OR replacement of PR card and not for 1st time PR card -

• At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Report a problem or mistake on this page

The next time you call IRCC, specifically ask them
1. If they have address you want your PR card to be mailed to
2. Your PR card application number (starts with R). You can then link PR card application to GCKey using option " Application number" . This will help you track your PR card.
thanks for your help ! I tried but I still get the same error. I will wait again a few days to get a reply to my webform otherwise I will call them. In the meantime, if you think of somethign else, please share