+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officer at landing gave me a copy instead of the original COPR!

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I wonder if there would be any problem in future for not having the original COPR.
Landed in March 2020, the COPR I signed is a photocopy of the original as identified by folks at ICBC. The officer probably mistaken the copy for original while making me sign it, so the sign is original but not the rest of the document. Is there a way to fix it? So far no problem with getting license, SIN, etc, but wondering if it would be an issue later.
Attaching the image of it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I wonder if there would be any problem in future for not having the original COPR.
Landed in March 2020, the COPR I signed is a photocopy of the original as identified by folks at ICBC. The officer probably mistaken the copy for original while making me sign it, so the sign is original but not the rest of the document. Is there a way to fix it? So far no problem with getting license, SIN, etc, but wondering if it would be an issue later.
Attaching the image of it.

IRCC sends 2 copies of the COPR, generally one with a picture and one without, and both are original. The picture one is kept by CBSA and the other is given back to you. Are you saying CBSA kept both originals, took a copy of one and gave that to you?

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Do they give both the papers back? They took both papers, the one with the picture and the otger one, gave back the copy of the one without picture, and made us sign that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do they give both the papers back? They took both papers, the one with the picture and the otger one, gave back the copy of the one without picture, and made us sign that.
So they did exactly what they were supposed to do. Took the picture one and gave you the other one. It isn't a photocopy.

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
The paper is thinner than the original, and as you can see in the image I attached in OP, it has the vertical line marks of the copier machines. I was questioned of the authenticity at two different ICBCs, they had to review it multiple times with lens before approving.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The paper is thinner than the original, and as you can see in the image I attached in OP, it has the vertical line marks of the copier machines. I was questioned of the authenticity at two different ICBCs, they had to review it multiple times with lens before approving.
If you think it's a copy, then contact CBSA and see what they say.