+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officer asking to confirm current residential Address.

Anyatama

Sep 13, 2019
Dear Team,

My application has ben submitted in June,2020 and still pending. The officer has shared a message to confirm current residential address. I raised a webform and submitted the Letter of Explanation.But after 1 month the officer attached one more message as a reminder to confirm current residential address. This time I have raised a webform with LoE as well. I am not sure why after submitting the LoE, the officer is asking to confirm the address once again. Since I am currently outside Canada , I can not call IRCC directly and check. I am fearing that if this happens 2nd time, they might reject my application.

Could you please suggest how should I upload the LoE in my application and get a confirmation that I got attached successfully or correct process to raise Webform.The last date for the explanation to reach is 6th November,2021.

Thanks in Advance.

Love preet

Dec 5, 2019
Dear Team,

My application has ben submitted in June,2020 and still pending. The officer has shared a message to confirm current residential address. I raised a webform and submitted the Letter of Explanation.But after 1 month the officer attached one more message as a reminder to confirm current residential address. This time I have raised a webform with LoE as well. I am not sure why after submitting the LoE, the officer is asking to confirm the address once again. Since I am currently outside Canada , I can not call IRCC directly and check. I am fearing that if this happens 2nd time, they might reject my application.

Could you please suggest how should I upload the LoE in my application and get a confirmation that I got attached successfully or correct process to raise Webform.The last date for the explanation to reach is 6th November,2021.

Thanks in Advance.
Did you check your application. Sometime they add required tab so you need to submit something in that tab as proof.

Rashpal2555

Jun 10, 2021
I too have the same issue. They want my address but don't have a place to upload a file with the address. Did you guys get any solution on this?

Anyatama

Sep 13, 2019
Hey guys,
I finally found the tab in documents section.I had to go back and forth multiple times between documents section and main page of the application and the link gets displayed once in a while.I uploaded the document with great difficulty and can’t even see in documents section.Still my Application status changed to Submitted.I raised a technical issue webform but haven’t received any helpful reply.

Try this weird technique and see if you can find the link to upload.

Visahelp777

Jan 28, 2022
Did you figure it out? I have the same problem. They want my address but don't have a place to upload a file.
Hey @MissyJ2,

I’m sorry for asking a question here. I am in a similar situation but currently present in canada. The officer asked a utility/lease agreement. But I live in a single room and my landlord pays the utilities, can you please suggest how do I proceed. Shall I upload my automobile insurance and phone bill in a single pdf?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Chahalkamal

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
Hey guys,
I finally found the tab in documents section.I had to go back and forth multiple times between documents section and main page of the application and the link gets displayed once in a while.I uploaded the document with great difficulty and can’t even see in documents section.Still my Application status changed to Submitted.I raised a technical issue webform but haven’t received any helpful reply.

Try this weird technique and see if you can find the link to upload.
Have you got any latest update ??? Uh got confirmation of PR ???

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
My husband got the same request yesterday. The letter instruct us to look the tab in the documents section but we couldn't find it however, my husband opened the application on a incognito window (he is a web developer so he explained something about why that tab may not appear always depending on how the web page was programed) anyways, we got the tap so we submitted a letter with proves, they did not ask for prove but.... With IRCC it is better to give them more.

Hoping that this is one step closer to our COPR since we received our AOR in October 2020.

Good luck to everyone and I hope this information help someone in the future.

Chahalkamal

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
Does anyone got their COPR already who got this letter requested ??? After how long they got their confirmation after the submission of additional information ??? Any help would be appreciated

Mia_88

Jun 13, 2020
I got the same message and wandering please those who submitted their updated residential address.
what exactly are they asking for as the email from IRCC said that
Please provide an updated residential address for yourself and your family members.
I thought I would Upload my NATIONAL ID be cause this is an official document that also has my address on it and I had uploaded it before.
but as for the rest of my family memebers they are 2 children who don’t have proof of ID yet cause they are minors.
Problem is that as for my husband who is not planning on coming with us his NATIONAL ID doesn’t show same address as mine because he hasn’t updated his as it’s not important in our country which address you currently live in.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS I SHOULD DO?
Has anyone ever been in similar situation and why are they asking about my current addresss anyways.
I used to live in Canada but I made it clear that I no longer live there.

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
My son is also a minor and I uploaded his transcripts, those had his address. We didn't submit our IDs but we used power and internet bills that are under our name. I suppose that even a lease that discloses the people leaven with you will suffice as well.

Mia_88

Jun 13, 2020
See I don’t have such a thing where I’m from.
I own the house so my husbands name nor my children are not included in it.
my ID has my name and the address. So as far the children and husband I don’t know what to upload for them.
Also do you know what they need it for

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
See I don’t have such a thing where I’m from.
I own the house so my husbands name nor my children are not included in it.
my ID has my name and the address. So as far the children and husband I don’t know what to upload for them.
Also do you know what they need it for
I don't know why they are asking this specific information because it was declared on the application and, in our case, we haven't move since we applied. It was at least a relief to see some movement in our application.

Now, regarding your problem proving your kids address, I wouldn't worry about submitting prove. Technically they didn't ask for any proof and it is understandable that they will live with one of you, just make sure that you submit a letter that says your address and you say that your kids live with you. At the end of that letter you can submit any proof that you may have.

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
Does anyone got their COPR already who got this letter requested ??? After how long they got their confirmation after the submission of additional information ??? Any help would be appreciated
After one week of the address request we got the PR confirmation email to fill the information to access the portal.

Very happy and excited!!