+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officer Asked for More Proof of Relationship

imjeolmi

Nov 25, 2018
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband who is from South Korea. We submitted our application in March and since then have pass the medical exam. Today we received an email asking for more proof of our relationship. We have sent all that we could have before said application.

I'm at a loss at what else we can provide. We were just starting out as a married couple right before we applied so we didn't have much but we met the requirements on the document checklist.

Are we able to provide documents and pictures after the date of application? Any recommendations?

Please and thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband who is from South Korea. We submitted our application in March and since then have pass the medical exam. Today we received an email asking for more proof of our relationship. We have sent all that we could have before said application.

I'm at a loss at what else we can provide. We were just starting out as a married couple right before we applied so we didn't have much but we met the requirements on the document checklist.

Are we able to provide documents and pictures after the date of application? Any recommendations?

Please and thank you.
Post the wording of the letter with personal information removed and list the proofs that you submitted with the app.

imjeolmi

Nov 25, 2018
Post the wording of the letter with personal information removed and list the proofs that you submitted with the app.
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: : > Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member. Please provide additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor. These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, Jointly signed ownership of residential property, Jointly signed residential leases, Jointly signed mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies). Please also provide other supporting documentation (if applicable) which may be considered such as outing photos, marriage ceremony photos, receipts/bills from your marriage ceremony, photos with friends and family, E-mails, phone bills, letters showing common residential address, etc. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes. This must be received at this office by: 2019/09/22 All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted."

I have bolded what we have submitted previously.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: : > Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member. Please provide additional evidence of relationship/cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse or partner is cohabiting with their sponsor. These may include: Joint bank accounts or credit cards indicating both you and your sponsor's names, Jointly signed ownership of residential property, Jointly signed residential leases, Jointly signed mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms, Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone), Important documents of both parties showing the same address (i.e identification documents, driver’s licenses, and insurance policies). Please also provide other supporting documentation (if applicable) which may be considered such as outing photos, marriage ceremony photos, receipts/bills from your marriage ceremony, photos with friends and family, E-mails, phone bills, letters showing common residential address, etc. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes. This must be received at this office by: 2019/09/22 All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted."

I have bolded what we have submitted previously.
They don't specify a timeframe for the proofs, so you can submit stuff from before and after app submission.

Send copies of any mail either of you have received, individually or joint. Utilities, bank/credit card statements, tax documents, shipping receipts etc. Has your partner received the OWP? If so, it is a proof of address. Send all the photos you didn't originally send. Include a bunch of texts from over the course of the relationship. Ask some family/friends for letters confirming you live together in a genuine relationship.

imjeolmi

Nov 25, 2018
They don't specify a timeframe for the proofs, so you can submit stuff from before and after app submission.

Send copies of any mail either of you have received, individually or joint. Utilities, bank/credit card statements, tax documents, shipping receipts etc. Has your partner received the OWP? If so, it is a proof of address. Send all the photos you didn't originally send. Include a bunch of texts from over the course of the relationship. Ask some family/friends for letters confirming you live together in a genuine relationship.
Thank you. We didn't apply for the OWP because he is currently finishing his studies as an International Student.