+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

office opening time for COPR processing at 24/7 US-Canada land border

martini

Apr 27, 2020
Hi, I am wondering for a 24/7 US-Canada port of entry (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for example Coutts Alberta), would they be able to process COPRs at any time of the day? Or is there a time range (say 7am-5pm) that they will process COPRs. Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am wondering for a 24/7 US-Canada port of entry (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for example Coutts Alberta), would they be able to process COPRs at any time of the day? Or is there a time range (say 7am-5pm) that they will process COPRs. Thanks!
If you are actually living in the US, any time. You will be required to quarantine for 14 days.

If you are in Canada, there is no flagpoling right now.

martini

Apr 27, 2020

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
that is wonderful, so just to confirm, I am planning to cross the sweetgrass/coutts border at around 5-6am, and would there be someone available to process the COPR right away? I was reading a post from this thread (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/flagpoling-at-rainbow-bridge-when.525001/) and it seems that for rainbow bridge, they only process COPRs from Tuesday to Thursday from 8am to midnight, although the rainbow bridge border is open 24 hr.
That is for flagpoling, which as I said, is not allowed across the entire border right now.

martini

Apr 27, 2020
I see, thanks for the help! I plan to cross the border at a really odd time, since there will probably be few people.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I see, thanks for the help! I plan to cross the border at a really odd time, since there will probably be few people.
Given the border restrictions, there will be few people regardless of the time.

martini

Apr 27, 2020
Thanks! Also, I have an employment letter, in addition to COPR documents. Would this probably be sufficient to present to the border agent and enter Canada as essential travel?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks! Also, I have an employment letter, in addition to COPR documents. Would this probably be sufficient to present to the border agent and enter Canada as essential travel?
Your COPR is sufficient.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
If you are actually living in the US, any time. You will be required to quarantine for 14 days.

If you are in Canada, there is no flagpoling right now.
Really doubt if you can travel from US to Canada for landing. According to the page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

You can travel to and may be permitted to enter Canada if you’re a
  • Canadian citizen
  • Canadian permanent resident
  • person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • protected person
  • foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from the United States (U.S.)
  • foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from a country other than the U.S. and are exempt from the travel restrictions (see Exemptions to the travel restrictions for more information)

Notice the difference of the last two bullet points. It means only foreign national who comes from countries except U.S. has travel restriction exemptions. The following part further elaborates the exemption:

The following people may travel to Canada for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from a country other than the U.S.:

The 3rd bullet point is actually CoPR holders approved on or before Mar 18.

So, what I get from this web page is that for CoPR holder, you can only come to Canada from countries except US, and the approval date on CoPR is on or before Mar 18. If you want to come to Canada from U.S., you MUST show to CBSA officers that your travel is essential, which doesn't include immigration service.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Really doubt if you can travel from US to Canada for landing. According to the page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

You can travel to and may be permitted to enter Canada if you’re a
  • Canadian citizen
  • Canadian permanent resident
  • person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • protected person
  • foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from the United States (U.S.)
  • foreign national who is coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from a country other than the U.S. and are exempt from the travel restrictions (see Exemptions to the travel restrictions for more information)

Notice the difference of the last two bullet points. It means only foreign national who comes from countries except U.S. has travel restriction exemptions. The following part further elaborates the exemption:

The following people may travel to Canada for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose from a country other than the U.S.:

The 3rd bullet point is actually CoPR holders approved on or before Mar 18.

So, what I get from this web page is that for CoPR holder, you can only come to Canada from countries except US, and the approval date on CoPR is on or before Mar 18. If you want to come to Canada from U.S., you MUST show to CBSA officers that your travel is essential, which doesn't include immigration service.
OP is an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen.