+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Office Manager NOC category

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
Hi everyone! I am an office manager / executive assistant and had previously applied for an LMO but was denied. I was encouraged to apply for an LMO using a more specific NOC code (administrative project coordinator, which is sort of what I do but also not really).

Could someone provide me with the NOC code for an office manager and the job duties or a link with where to find this out?

It would be so appreciated!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SearchIndex.aspx

"office manager' is kind of generic, would need to know what kind of office (business/sector)...
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SearchKeywordResult.aspx?val11=office+manager&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
I work in a psychology office and am actually office manager/executive assistant (jack of all trades). But that is my official title.
I previously applied for an LMO which I was denied for but in which the lawyer I worked with my title Project Administration Officer (NOC 1221). Should I re-apply for CEC using this title or just stick to office manager or executive assistant? I am not using the lawyer this time for CEC.

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
I am really an exec. assistant but I am making below the average salary. Does this make a difference for a CEC application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
intermingle said:
I am really an exec. assistant but I am making below the average salary. Does this make a difference for a CEC application?
Does the NOC for executive assistant correspond to your job duties?

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=1&val1=1222&val11=executive+assistant&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

-Executive assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Establish and co-ordinate administrative policies and procedures for officials, committees and boards of directors
-Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to executives, committees and boards of directors
-Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board and other meetings
Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors
-Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action
-Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors.

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
Hi,

Yes, it does for the most part. My boss would happily attest to the fact that these are my duties.
But I earn below what the average salary for exec. assistant is. Should I still apply using this job title?
Thank you so much for any help!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ah well, the process isn't "find an NOC and then claim those duties." It's "describe your duties and then find the NOC that has the best fit."

So, do you have a written job description? If not, that's the first task you have to accomplish with your boss.

Your lawyer's advice is not without merit.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intermingle said:
Hi everyone! I am an office manager / executive assistant and had previously applied for an LMO but was denied. I was encouraged to apply for an LMO using a more specific NOC code (administrative project coordinator, which is sort of what I do but also not really).

Could someone provide me with the NOC code for an office manager and the job duties or a link with where to find this out?

It would be so appreciated!!
Do you know the entire process of a LMO?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jes_ON is giving you good advice.

1) Do not choose a job title you think sounds right, state your actual title. For the purpose of CEC, the title really has no meaning.
2) The next step, is look at your duties as laid our by your EMPLOYER... Find the best NOC that matches the job duties - ignoring title, as it really doesn't matter for this purpose.
3) Are you on a closed or open work permit? If it is closed, then your NOC much match that as is mentioned on the work permit.
4) The reason your LMO was likely declined is because Canada is not short of office managers or exec. assistants... It's not because of the title you put! It's because there isn't a demand for people to do these jobs.

Good luck...