+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer Revoked

HussamF

Jul 5, 2021
Hi,

My college offer has been revoked. The reason was payment not received. This happened 5 days prior to my payment deadline date.

Now, as an international student I live outside Canada; should I make a new application to another college with a new study permit application? My current study permit was granted on May, should I pursue for applying a new study permit or it is difficult to grant another one?

If I applied to a new study permit will they request my passport again to stamp a new visa or they will just approve the application with keeping the old one valid as it ends in August, 2022?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

My college offer has been revoked. The reason was payment not received. This happened 5 days prior to my payment deadline date.

Now, as an international student I live outside Canada; should I make a new application to another college with a new study permit application? My current study permit was granted on May, should I pursue for applying a new study permit or it is difficult to grant another one?

If I applied to a new study permit will they request my passport again to stamp a new visa or they will just approve the application with keeping the old one valid as it ends in August, 2022?
If you can't get into another course at your approved DLI, then you need to re-apply for a new SP with your new LOA. If approved for a new SP, you will need to send them your pp again for stamping. Your current visa/counterfoil will be cancelled.

Reactions: Naturgrl

HussamF

Jul 5, 2021
If you can't get into another course at your approved DLI, then you need to re-apply for a new SP with your new LOA. If approved for a new SP, you will need to send them your pp again for stamping. Your current visa/counterfoil will be cancelled.
Is it difficult to get the approval again?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Is it difficult to get the approval again?
It depends, but as member suggested you need to get new LOA from approved DLI

Is it difficult to get approval again? Yes it will be difficult as you submitted proof of funds that include proof that you were able to pay tuition fee but you couldn't since May when they approve your SP.

HussamF

Jul 5, 2021
It depends, but as member suggested you need to get new LOA from approved DLI

Is it difficult to get approval again? Yes it will be difficult as you submitted proof of funds that include proof that you were able to pay tuition fee but you couldn't since May when they approve your SP.
The program was due on September but the college has postponed the program to the Winter term; so, they issued a new LoA. In addition, I paid the first LoA in full as required and in this one I still have 5 days more till August 31, 2021. I made a quotation from WU to proceed with the payment and I have notified the international recruitment officer about it. And I have proofs of paying in May to the first LoA and the quotation of the revoked LoA as well.

should I provide this with the new SP application?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The program was due on September but the college has postponed the program to the Winter term; so, they issued a new LoA. In addition, I paid the first LoA in full as required and in this one I still have 5 days more till August 31, 2021. I made a quotation from WU to proceed with the payment and I have notified the international recruitment officer about it. And I have proofs of paying in May to the first LoA and the quotation of the revoked LoA as well.

should I provide this with the new SP application?
wait wait, I don't understand.

what do you mean by you paid first LOA? do you mean " deposit fee" to secure spot? if yes, did your LOA had condition to pay tuition fee before Aug 31? and lastly, you said reason for revoking your offer was because the program was moved to Winter and you were issued with the new LOA, then why do you have to apply for the new Study Permit?

HussamF

Jul 5, 2021
wait wait, I don't understand.

what do you mean by you paid first LOA? do you mean " deposit fee" to secure spot? if yes, did your LOA had condition to pay tuition fee before Aug 31? and lastly, you said reason for revoking your offer was because the program was moved to Winter and you were issued with the new LOA, then why do you have to apply for the new Study Permit?
Alright lets go with this step by step.

I applied on March to a certain college, they sent me a LOA with EAP and the payment was due before May 17, 2021. So, I applied to the SP directly and issued my visa in the 6th of May. After that, I paid the required amount of the first payment including the tuition fees of the EAP. Couple of weeks after that they told me my program has been postponed to the Winter intake of 2022, and issued me a new LOA.

In the late of June, I provided an IELTS result to get exempted from EAP. Again they issued a new LOA without EAP and asked for the full tuition fees due before August 31.

So the first payment was transferred directly to my student account from the initial LOA to the newest LOA.

Now, this newest LOA is the one that got revoked because the remaining payment is not received by the college. This is a little confusing that we are now 4 days prior to the deadline date.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Alright lets go with this step by step.

I applied on March to a certain college, they sent me a LOA with EAP and the payment was due before May 17, 2021. So, I applied to the SP directly and issued my visa in the 6th of May. After that, I paid the required amount of the first payment including the tuition fees of the EAP. Couple of weeks after that they told me my program has been postponed to the Winter intake of 2022, and issued me a new LOA.

In the late of June, I provided an IELTS result to get exempted from EAP. Again they issued a new LOA without EAP and asked for the full tuition fees due before August 31.

So the first payment was transferred directly to my student account from the initial LOA to the newest LOA.

Now, this newest LOA is the one that got revoked because the remaining payment is not received by the college. This is a little confusing that we are now 4 days prior to the deadline date.
Make sense now…
So you paid deposit but you didnt pay full installmentas required, though deadline is Aug 31. Technically you have 2 days left and not 4, weekend doesnt count. However, they revoked your LOA. In that case, any explanation to IRCC wont make sense, the fact that the LOA is revoked, and if they inform IRCC, your SP will be made invalid.

You need to discuss with your school to make sure that doesnt happen. If school reistant your LOA after meeting their condition, then you wont need to reapply new SP, but you need new LOA and enrollment letter when entering Canada