+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer revoked, do I need to inform IRCC to withdraw my application?

syg

Nov 25, 2020
Hello,

I have a somewhat specific question. I withdrew my offer after I submitted the study permit application this fall. I don't think the university informed the IRCC, so I still received the notification that my application has been approved, and I was requested to send the passport in 30 days otherwise my application will automatically be refused. The offer that I withdrew is for a 1-year graduate program, and I still want to re-apply for the 2021 fall's program. In that case, should I inform IRCC to withdraw my current study permit application? Will this withdrawal affect my future application? If I submit a study application again for the 2021 fall, should I explain the situation that I applied once and revoked it in my Letter of Explanation?

Thank you for any advice.

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
If your application is approved just transfer your DLI, it's a options present in your GC key portal.

syg

Nov 25, 2020
If your application is approved just transfer your DLI, it's a options present in your GC key portal.
Thanks for your reply. I don't have another offer/DLI and apparently won't have a new one in 30 days (the current application will automatically be rejected if I don't send my passport in 30 days). If I send my passport to the VAC, I think they will approve it eventually since they don't know that I revoke the offer, but I believe it would cause a problem when I apply for PGWP or EE as I am not actually attended to the DLI.

Daksh0512

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-11-20202
Med's Request
19-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-01-2021
Don't send your passport, they will eventually verify thae fact that your admission offer has been revoked and still you haven't withdrawn your application and informed that about the same and mark you as a fraud with a entry ban also.
My suggestion inform them asap.

syg

Nov 25, 2020
Don't send your passport, they will eventually verify thae fact that your admission offer has been revoked and still you haven't withdrawn your application and informed that about the same and mark you as a fraud with a entry ban also.
My suggestion inform them asap.
Thank you. Will do soon.

jashatnet1

Dec 13, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I don't have another offer/DLI and apparently won't have a new one in 30 days (the current application will automatically be rejected if I don't send my passport in 30 days). If I send my passport to the VAC, I think they will approve it eventually since they don't know that I revoke the offer, but I believe it would cause a problem when I apply for PGWP or EE as I am not actually attended to the DLI.
Would you let me know about your status? If you arrived in Canada and your study permit is issued? I have a similar case to yours that for some reason my acceptance letter has been withdrawn after my study permit application and I am waiting to hear from IRCC.

Nov 14, 2020
Hello, what if the acceptance letter for application that is still in progress is revoked and I have another acceptance letter from another DLI.
Should I inform IRCC or wait for the approval and the make the change through my account?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, what if the acceptance letter for application that is still in progress is revoked and I have another acceptance letter from another DLI.
Should I inform IRCC or wait for the approval and the make the change through my account?

Thanks
You should send in the new LOA and show the justification of why it makes sense to study at this new school if the program is different.

Nov 14, 2020
Thank you.

I new LOA is from a university. The revoked acceptance is from a college. Will I have to show additional funds in my account for the university?
Thanks