+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of employment

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,
I have a job offer for 2.5 years from 01/15 to 07/17 without LMIA.
A valid job offer need to be at least one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

It means that my job offer is valid or not?

Thanks

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
zshavit said:
Hi,
I have a job offer for 2.5 years from 01/15 to 07/17 without LMIA.
A valid job offer need to be at least one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

It means that my job offer is valid or not?

Thanks
When you submit your documents after ITA, the offer must be one year valid after you received pr card

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
Hi,

My workpermit will expire in April 2017(LMIA exempt), However my Employer have requested for extension. The extension will be done till April 2019.

I have a offer letter specifying.

"This project is ongoing, and we hope to extend this assignment for an additional 24 months. "
It also specifies other parts like NOC code, roles duties, etc.

Can this letter be used as offer of Employment?

Note: All other conditions are satisfied, like worked for 1 year for current employer, WP has Employer name etc..

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswaran said:
When you submit your documents after ITA, the offer must be one year valid after you received pr card
Bullshit. Receiving PR card means nothing. You are PR starting from the day you land.

@OP

Your offer letter needs to make it clear that you will have your job for at least 1 year from the day you become PR.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
magicvinu said:
Hi,

My workpermit will expire in April 2017(LMIA exempt), However my Employer have requested for extension. The extension will be done till April 2017.

I have a offer letter specifying.

"This project is ongoing, and we hope to extend this assignment for an additional 24 months. "
It also specifies other parts like NOC code, roles duties, etc.

Can this letter be used as offer of Employment?

Note: All other conditions are satisfied, like worked for 1 year for current employer, WP has Employer name etc..

Your work permit is not a job offer even if it is valid till 2020. You need a job offer letter that you will be doing job for atleast 1 yr after becoming PR.