+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment with the Caregiver New Pilot

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Can I ask a question regarding the new caregiver pathway? Does it need to be a single employer who will give you a job offer and you should work at home? or long term care can give you a job offer? I will be graduating as a Personal Support Worker this last week of April. I am so confused if it is the same with Home support. I am also currently working part-time in a long term care facility.
Why dont you just get your facility to employ you full time then you can just apply to the home support worker immigration pilot as a person inside Canada.

How long was your PSW training? Are you eligible for a post graduate work experience permit?

zeev1027

Nov 28, 2019
Why dont you just get your facility to employ you full time then you can just apply to the home support worker immigration pilot as a person inside Canada.

How long was your PSW training? Are you eligible for a post-graduate work experience permit?
That is exactly what we are thinking, my facility will hire me full time and give me a job offer. But someone told me that the Caregiver pathway is only for single employers that you will work at their home so I want to clarify that account, and yes I am eligible for PGWP after I will get the completion of my studies and TOR but I want to apply for the new pathway so that my child can continue studying and my husband can continue working.

Ugee

Jan 2, 2020
Hi Preciouschris. Nice to meet you. Please dont wait till the pandemic is over before you start applying because just like in any country, you may have to apply to a lot of people over several weeks before you find an employer that is interested in you. I started applying sometime in August/September 2019 and finally got an offer in November 2019. Your degree in a medical field should be a real boost for your application.
For adding childcare experience in your CV, you just add it as a volunteer activity and state the from and to dates and also your responsibilities. Also remember to get a reference letter from your pastor in support of this. You can also get more volunteer experience in a daycare, maybe 2-3 times a week for added boost to your CV, after the COVID 19 lock down ofcourse. If you volunteer at a daycare, ask your boss to write a reference letter for you also. I hope this helps. I wish u all d best
Thanks. Can you share how you got a job offer? from indeed or how exactly, would love to know

Reactions: Twinkleberry

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Thanks. Can you share how you got a job offer? from indeed or how exactly, would love to know
You need to write a compelling coverletter that will make a prospective employer give a second thoughts to hiring someone from outside the country even if they didnt want to consider that option previously. 3 things that i discovered about Canadian employers in the caregiving industry:

1. Most of them are seriously short staffed.

2. Most of them need you to have some form of training in caregiving

3. Most of them do not know much about the latest happenings in immigrations that can enable them hire workers from outside the country.

You should be able to show them through your coverletter that you are very passionate about this work. You can also tell them that you will be qualified to be granted entry into the country as a worker to work for them if they give you a job offer, they will most likely want to give you a trial.

I applied to a job on indeed.ca, my employer replied that they were interested in my profile but didnt know how to get me into Canada to work for them.

In my case, i let my employer that the home support worker immigration pathway required 3 things: 1 year post secondary education (i had a 4years degree), a CLB 5 IELTs result (i had a band 9) and the 3rd thing i needed to qualify was a job offer. I also listed all the caregiving courses i had done as well as my health care aid volunteer work in the hospital. I also included my other soft skills such as cooking skills, empathy, organisation skills etc

I hope this helps, i will appreciate if you shared http://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com with your friends

Reactions: Ugee

kingdomchild

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
You need to write a compelling coverletter that will make a prospective employer give a second thoughts to hiring someone from outside the country even if they didnt want to consider that option previously. 3 things that i discovered about Canadian employers in the caregiving industry:

1. Most of them are seriously short staffed.

2. Most of them need you to have some form of training in caregiving

3. Most of them do not know much about the latest happenings in immigrations that can enable them hire workers from outside the country.

You should be able to show them through your coverletter that you are very passionate about this work. You can also tell them that you will be qualified to be granted entry into the country as a worker to work for them if they give you a job offer, they will most likely want to give you a trial.

I applied to a job on indeed.ca, my employer replied that they were interested in my profile but didnt know how to get me into Canada to work for them.

In my case, i let my employer that the home support worker immigration pathway required 3 things: 1 year post secondary education (i had a 4years degree), a CLB 5 IELTs result (i had a band 9) and the 3rd thing i needed to qualify was a job offer. I also listed all the caregiving courses i had done as well as my health care aid volunteer work in the hospital. I also included my other soft skills such as cooking skills, empathy, organisation skills etc

I hope this helps, i will appreciate if you shared http://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com with your friends
this is inspiring