+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment with the Caregiver New Pilot

ilovesaga

Jan 24, 2018
Hello Employers!

Do i need to register the offer of employment through the Employer Portal if i would like to get a Caregiver outside canada under the new pilot? Could you guide me? Please and thank you.

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hello Employers!

Do i need to register the offer of employment through the Employer Portal if i would like to get a Caregiver outside canada under the new pilot? Could you guide me? Please and thank you.
You have to find the employer. Portal is not very helpful....Contact people you know in Canada...

merrygoround

Feb 7, 2020
Hello. Same question. Do I need to register the offer of employment through the Employer Portal? If yes, which LMIA exempt code do I I need to use. Thank you!

catmeow

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-06-2017
Med's Request
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Hello. Same question. Do I need to register the offer of employment through the Employer Portal? If yes, which LMIA exempt code do I I need to use. Thank you!
no

catmeow

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-06-2017
Med's Request
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Okay. However, it's an LMIA-exempt Job Offer? Don't employers need to register and pay the fee?
Yes, it’s LMIA exempt and you don’t need to register and pay a fee.

Kaur R

Mar 16, 2020
I am personal support worker in Canada in Ontario how i can apply for pilot program and what the requirements for applying pr.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Reactions: Preciouschris

Preciouschris

Feb 15, 2020
If you live outside Canada, you have to find a job to apply to this pilot. If you will like tips on how to get an employer to hire you read
https://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/how-to-get-caregiver-job-in-canada.html?m=1

If you are already working in the caregiving industry, do you have up to 24months of work experience? Thats what you need to apply for permanent residence.

https://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/are-you-ready-to-send-in-your-work.html?m=1
Thanks for this info @Twinkleberry I'm from Nigeria too and still in the stage of writing my ielts. The pandemic is really what's delaying me now. I hope to find an employer soon
Please how can I add informal child care experience to my resume cos I don't have an official experience in child care but I have my first aid and cpr, I also volunteer in church and have a degree in a medical field. Really need help with my resume

Reactions: Twinkleberry

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi Preciouschris. Nice to meet you. Please dont wait till the pandemic is over before you start applying because just like in any country, you may have to apply to a lot of people over several weeks before you find an employer that is interested in you. I started applying sometime in August/September 2019 and finally got an offer in November 2019. Your degree in a medical field should be a real boost for your application.
For adding childcare experience in your CV, you just add it as a volunteer activity and state the from and to dates and also your responsibilities. Also remember to get a reference letter from your pastor in support of this. You can also get more volunteer experience in a daycare, maybe 2-3 times a week for added boost to your CV, after the COVID 19 lock down ofcourse. If you volunteer at a daycare, ask your boss to write a reference letter for you also. I hope this helps. I wish u all d best

Reactions: Preciouschris

Preciouschris

Feb 15, 2020
Hi Preciouschris. Nice to meet you. Please dont wait till the pandemic is over before you start applying because just like in any country, you may have to apply to a lot of people over several weeks before you find an employer that is interested in you. I started applying sometime in August/September 2019 and finally got an offer in November 2019. Your degree in a medical field should be a real boost for your application.
For adding childcare experience in your CV, you just add it as a volunteer activity and state the from and to dates and also your responsibilities. Also remember to get a reference letter from your pastor in support of this. You can also get more volunteer experience in a daycare, maybe 2-3 times a week for added boost to your CV, after the COVID 19 lock down ofcourse. If you volunteer at a daycare, ask your boss to write a reference letter for you also. I hope this helps. I wish u all d best
Thank you so much @Twinkleberry I really really appreciate the detailed response. God bless you

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
For some that might be interested in appying for these jobs and dont know how to go about it.
Applying for a job in Canada is pretty much like applying to a job anywhere else, you need to show some level of competence on your CV.
First thing first, did you write your CV in the Canadian style? If you havent, do so.

Secondly, you want to get a caregiver job in Canada, do you know that caregivers undergo training in Canada that take anywhere from 6-9months and graduate as personal support workers, continuing care aides etc and this training cost anywhere from $2000CAD? These set of indivituals earn the highest wages in the industry.
Due to the high demand for care workers, a lot of care companies still hire workers without the PSW certificate and conduct in house induction training for them.
So you that is applying from outside the country, dont you think you should at least meet them half way and take a few courses maybe in childcare, eldercare, dementia care, food handling etc

Please read
https://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/how-to-get-caregiver-job-in-canada.html?m=1

zeev1027

Nov 28, 2019
Can I ask a question regarding the new caregiver pathway? Does it need to be a single employer who will give you a job offer and you should work at home? or long term care can give you a job offer? I will be graduating as a Personal Support Worker this last week of April. I am so confused if it is the same with Home support. I am also currently working part-time in a long term care facility.