+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment Vs Letter of Employment

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Dear Friends,

Need an urgent help. I recently received an ITA and I am claiming 50 points for the valid job offer, since my current employer have applied for LMIA and then work permit.

But i am working with my current employer in USA and I have not moved to Canada yet. My employer is asking me to wait for few months before moving me to Canada. My employer is ready to provide any letter that I need for my PR.

Now what is the difference between letter of employment and offer of employment?

I understand, Offer letter is the letter that was addressed to me that they have a job offer for me in Canada which i have it already. (It didn't have a start date).

What is the letter of employment? "An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.". But I am still in USA and I am totally confused on what this letter should contain?

Reactions: sudhiragni

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Letter of employment is a letter for each work experience you are claiming points for as work experience. It details you position, duties, responsibilities, work hours and length, etc. You will need one for your current and any previous employments you have had. does this help?

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Letter of employment is a letter for each work experience you are claiming points for as work experience. It details you position, duties, responsibilities, work hours and length, etc. You will need one for your current and any previous employments you have had. does this help?
THank you. I have it already for all my previous employment and current employment. But there is one letter of employment which states "An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information."

But i am not working in Canada yet. So i am not sure what i should provide. Any suggestions?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
THank you. I have it already for all my previous employment and current employment. But there is one letter of employment which states "An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information."

But i am not working in Canada yet. So i am not sure what i should provide. Any suggestions?
The description you are providing is the offer of employment letter.

You should probably check your answers. If you said you are working in Canada you will be asked to prove it. If you are working in the US for a Canadian based company you cannot claim points for Canadian work experience.

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Thank you for the prompt response.

There were requirements to submit two documents and their description are

Offer of employment: "You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job..."

Letter of employment: "An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information."

I am NOT claiming points for Canadian work experience, but I am claiming points for a valid job offer. My employer is an MNC with offices in USA, Canada, and other countries. I am currently working in the US and my employer filed LMIA and gave me a job offer letter for Canada. Now I am confused what document should I submit for the letter of employment, since I have not moved to Canada yet and it asks about employment in Canada.

Kindly provide your suggestions

sudhiragni

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Dear Friends,

Need an urgent help. I recently received an ITA and I am claiming 50 points for the valid job offer, since my current employer have applied for LMIA and then work permit.

But i am working with my current employer in USA and I have not moved to Canada yet. My employer is asking me to wait for few months before moving me to Canada. My employer is ready to provide any letter that I need for my PR.

Now what is the difference between letter of employment and offer of employment?

I understand, Offer letter is the letter that was addressed to me that they have a job offer for me in Canada which i have it already. (It didn't have a start date).

What is the letter of employment? "An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.". But I am still in USA and I am totally confused on what this letter should contain?
Hello Kannan, i read your situation and now after 2 years i am also in the same situation. Could you share a sample or offer letter and letter of employment. or atleast let me know what key differences are?

jafarm

Nov 30, 2022
Hello Kannan, i read your situation and now after 2 years i am also in the same situation. Could you share a sample or offer letter and letter of employment. or atleast let me know what key differences are?
Same boat here. What's the difference between letter of employment and offer letter?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Same boat here. What's the difference between letter of employment and offer letter?
Offer letter is a letter stating that a company is offering you a job explaining the designation, job duties, pay rate and hours of work they will offer.

Letter of employment is a letter issued for an employee after the employment starts basically the same things as above but the most importantly that the said employee's start and end date of employment or present if still working.

Reactions: jafarm

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all! I seriously need some help

I submitted my EE Profile on the 22nd of November, with a CRS score of 537. I am expecting an ITA if the cut-off score is below mine.

Regarding "Education Section"
1) I was enrolled in a Masters' Programme, which was Distance Learning, at a university in UK. Under country/town/city of study, should I include my country/town/city or in the UK? Also, I terminated my studies after a year, due to certain circumstances, and I received a Certificate award but the graduation ceremony is in December 2022 and I will receive my Certificate in January 2023. Do I put "in good standing..." or "certificate awarded"?

Regarding my work history:
1) I have 18 months experience as Medical Intern, which was paid internship. I can get a reference letter from the Ministry. Do I need to upload more documents? I have a letter detailing my rotations in different units and an emolument. (I don't have any pay slips, tax slips etc)

2) I also have 18 months experience as Medical Practitioner, under the Ministry, but it was for the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. Which NOC code should I claim points for? I am also looking to get a reference letter from them. But if I can't have it, can I show my offer letter, contract renewal letter and my emolument as proof of work?

3) I have just started working under another Ministry in October 2022, as Medical Practitioner. Can I claim points for same, as I have not yet completed a full year? Can I just add this to my "Personal History" post ITA, with a LOE?

4) I also worked 4 months in a company in 2019, but the employer does not want to acknowledge my work history, nor do I have employment letter or contract. I only have proof of bank deposit. Can I just add this to my "Personal History" with a LOE?

5) After 2019 up to 2021, I have been unemployed but been doing some private practice/domiciliary visits, which were on & off, but does not cover the criteria of 37 hours/week and for which I was getting paid in cash.When I last applied for TRV I mentioned this in my employment hisotry now I fear this will impact on my PR process. Can I just add this to my "Personal history" post ITA with a LOE?

Also:
1) I just got married and have changed my name, but I have not yet requested for a name change at the bank under my account. Is it necessary for me to do so? As I am showing my bank statement as proof of work experience.

2) Also my spouse has some work experience, but not Canadian ones. Can I add his to "Personal History", as I am not claiming any points?
Hi there, please let the members read it and respond, don't post it in multiple discussions again as others question gets overwritten. Thanks