+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment Required - Currently Employed on PGWP

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
I have received an ITA for FSW (I qualify for CEC as well) and part of the required documents are: Letter of Employment, Employment Records (Current Position), and Offer of Employment.

I am thinking of uploading the same document for the Letter of Employment and Employment Records, with some pay stubs (I am assuming just a few latest pay stub would do the trick?) supplementing the latter.

However, I am confused with the Offer of Employment requirement. My current employer intends to keep me as long as I can legally work. Do I need a full-fledged offer letter? Could I simply add a line such as the one below to the same employment letter?
"We intend to continue Name's employment with CompanyName, continuing his permanent full-time employment and compensation as laid out above."

Thanks in advance!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you did not get 600 pts for a valid job offer, it baffles me why CIC asks for a job offer - I haven't seen one of the personalized document checklists, so I don't know the exact language used, but if there is a qualifier like "if applicable," and it is not applicable to you, you don't need it.

On the other hand, DO review the requirements for completeness - it's not clear to me why you want to include pay stubs...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answer No to the question of 'Do you have a valid job offers. This requirement will disappear. The answer to that question is Yes only if you have an LMIA supported job offer.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
jes_ON said:
If you did not get 600 pts for a valid job offer, it baffles me why CIC asks for a job offer - I haven't seen one of the personalized document checklists, so I don't know the exact language used, but if there is a qualifier like "if applicable," and it is not applicable to you, you don't need it.

On the other hand, DO review the requirements for completeness - it's not clear to me why you want to include pay stubs...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
This is my checklist:

Direct link since the forum reduces the size: http://i.imgur.com/0AqAP2o.png

Under the instructions for Employment Records, this is what's stated:
Document: Employment Records
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
• be an official document printed on company letterhead
• include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
• show all positions held while employed at the company
• include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)
The bulletpoints line up with what I was providing for my Letter of Employment, and because there's no instructions for that I am not exactly sure how they differ. I am thinking of just using the same for both, but including pay stubs for Employment Records since it was requested.

Asivad Anac said:
Answer No to the question of 'Do you have a valid job offers. This requirement will disappear. The answer to that question is Yes only if you have an LMIA supported job offer.
This may be the reason why and it is rather confusing. I answered Yes to job offer, but No to LMIA. Will it be okay if I change my answer now? This should not affect my score, and thus regardless of the answer, I'd have gotten the ITA. I recall reading something like "it's okay to revise answers, as long as your score remains the same or increases".

Is there a good way to contact CIC? I tried calling in before and was just brushed off to refer to their website.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Hi,

if you would like to contact CIC, you can go for Case Specific Enquiry... they may take a couple of days to respond. But you will have your answer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limbo said:
This may be the reason why and it is rather confusing. I answered Yes to job offer, but No to LMIA. Will it be okay if I change my answer now? This should not affect my score, and thus regardless of the answer, I'd have gotten the ITA. I recall reading something like "it's okay to revise answers, as long as your score remains the same or increases".
That is the reason. It has been discussed countless times on this forum. Answering No seems counter intuitive but that solves the problem.

And it is perfectly fine to make these changes because they do not cause any material difference to your CRS.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limbo said:
This is my checklist:

Direct link since the forum reduces the size: http://i.imgur.com/0AqAP2o.png

Under the instructions for Employment Records, this is what's stated:The bulletpoints line up with what I was providing for my Letter of Employment, and because there's no instructions for that I am not exactly sure how they differ. I am thinking of just using the same for both, but including pay stubs for Employment Records since it was requested.

Is there a good way to contact CIC? I tried calling in before and was just brushed off to refer to their website.
For a different point of view, I kept my answer 'yes' and provided paystubs/T4/NoA for my current job not because it gave me CRS points (of course it didn't) but because, for financial reasons, I wanted to prove my ability to support myself and continue to support myself after PR through my Canadian job. Although it is clear that people invited under CEC do not have to prove funds, most likely because they have continuing salaries, FSW-invitees do have to, and I wanted my job to contribute to that if possible. It is not at all clear whether an ongoing Canadian salary can satisfy PoF for FSW applicants, but I wanted to give it a chance, and if I said 'no' to a job offer, 1) I would be lying, and 2) that opportunity would disappear.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That is the reason. It has been discussed countless times on this forum. Answering No seems counter intuitive but that solves the problem.

And it is perfectly fine to make these changes because they do not cause any material difference to your CRS.
Indeed. There is no change to the CRS score at all. I have now changed my answer to "No", as they seem to have better define the question - it is finally clear that by "job offer", they mean a "valid job offer" which requires LMIA. This seems to get rid of the Offer of Employment requirement, and somehow the Letter of Employment requirement as well. I am left with the Employment Records requirement which is perfectly fine.

dobes said:
For a different point of view, I kept my answer 'yes' and provided paystubs/T4/NoA for my current job not because it gave me CRS points (of course it didn't) but because, for financial reasons, I wanted to prove my ability to support myself and continue to support myself after PR through my Canadian job. Although it is clear that people invited under CEC do not have to prove funds, most likely because they have continuing salaries, FSW-invitees do have to, and I wanted my job to contribute to that if possible. It is not at all clear whether an ongoing Canadian salary can satisfy PoF for FSW applicants, but I wanted to give it a chance, and if I said 'no' to a job offer, 1) I would be lying, and 2) that opportunity would disappear.
It is quite unfortunate that many CECs (including myself) are invited under FSW instead, and hence requiring more information. Thankfully, I am OK with my PoF.

Well, it seems that I am good to go! Barring any adverse medical results or other unexpected turns, I'll be able to rid off my 9xx SIN in 6 months!

Good luck to everyone else, and thank you all for your input!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limbo said:
Indeed. There is no change to the CRS score at all. I have now changed my answer to "No", as they seem to have better define the question - it is finally clear that by "job offer", they mean a "valid job offer" which requires LMIA. This seems to get rid of the Offer of Employment requirement, and somehow the Letter of Employment requirement as well. I am left with the Employment Records requirement which is perfectly fine.
It is quite unfortunate that many CECs (including myself) are invited under FSW instead, and hence requiring more information. Thankfully, I am OK with my PoF.

Well, it seems that I am good to go! Barring any adverse medical results or other unexpected turns, I'll be able to rid off my 9xx SIN in 6 months!

Good luck to everyone else, and thank you all for your input!
Ha! I am also looking forward to a non-9 SIN! It's one of the first things on my agenda once the party's over. :D

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi there.
Do I have to say YES for the question about job offer if I'm already working in Canada since May 2013 and I have LMO for this job?