+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of employment, letter of employment and proof of employment

coxep

Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am currently gathering the supporting documents to be able to submit my permanent residency application (after receiving the ITA).
I am being asked to provide offer of employment (futur job), letter of employment (current job) and proof of employment (past jobs) for my work experience in Canada (I am applying through the skilled worker program).

I have been working for only one same company in Canada and for almost 3 years, on an open work permit.
I was thinking of submitting the same document (that shows title, NOC, salary, starting date,...) in the 3 sections as my current company is also my past and future one.
But I am not sure about this as my job title changed twice in the mean time.
At the same time, that would not make a lot of sense (and might even put my application at risk I am afraid) to submit the original offer as the NOC at that time was different from my current one (used in my application).

My application has already been rejected once because of one criminal clearance document not matching the translation requirements and I can't take the risk of seeing my application been rejected a 2nd time i.e having to start the whole process again (enter the express entry pool, get drawn, submit application,...).

Has anyone been in that situation and could share their experience?
Do I risk rejection if I submit the same document (letter of employment) for the 3 sections (offer of employment, letter of employment and proof of employment) listed above?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am currently gathering the supporting documents to be able to submit my permanent residency application (after receiving the ITA).
I am being asked to provide offer of employment (futur job), letter of employment (current job) and proof of employment (past jobs) for my work experience in Canada (I am applying through the skilled worker program).

I have been working for only one same company in Canada and for almost 3 years, on an open work permit.
I was thinking of submitting the same document (that shows title, NOC, salary, starting date,...) in the 3 sections as my current company is also my past and future one.
But I am not sure about this as my job title changed twice in the mean time.
At the same time, that would not make a lot of sense (and might even put my application at risk I am afraid) to submit the original offer as the NOC at that time was different from my current one (used in my application).

My application has already been rejected once because of one criminal clearance document not matching the translation requirements and I can't take the risk of seeing my application been rejected a 2nd time i.e having to start the whole process again (enter the express entry pool, get drawn, submit application,...).

Has anyone been in that situation and could share their experience?
Do I risk rejection if I submit the same document (letter of employment) for the 3 sections (offer of employment, letter of employment and proof of employment) listed above?

Thanks!
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you do not have a valid job offer. That is, you did not claim the 50 points for arranged employment.

If that is the case then you answered incorrectly the very first question of the intended work section. Modify your answer and the placeholders for "offer of employment" and "letter of employment" will disappear.

Reactions: MANtoAB