+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of employment and Working Holiday visa

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Another question that is related to that big mistake I made...A new placeholder appeared, asking me for PoF. It's kinda weird, as I'm already living in Canada...Now that I don't know under what category I fall into (on my ITA I was eligible for FSW and CEC), I don't know if I should show proof of funds or not. If I do have to, I won't reach those 12500 unless I add my TFSA. Would that work?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question that is related to that big mistake I made...A new placeholder appeared, asking me for PoF. It's kinda weird, as I'm already living in Canada...Now that I don't know under what category I fall into (on my ITA I was eligible for FSW and CEC), I don't know if I should show proof of funds or not. If I do have to, I won't reach those 12500 unless I add my TFSA. Would that work?
If you were eligible under both programs then you should have received an invitation under the CEC program. Check your ITA letter.

As a CEC applicant you are not required to provide POF simply "The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Reactions: broutilde

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
If you were eligible under both programs then you should have received an invitation under the CEC program. Check your ITA letter.

As a CEC applicant you are not required to provide POF simply "The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
I checked my ITA letter a moment ago, I was invited under CEC, so I had no PoF to show. But if you remember, I made this mistake with this arranged employment points that I claimed but wasn't entitled to.
The placeholder "POF" wasn't there until I changed my "no" to the very first question of the intended work section like you suggested. Placeholders for "offer of employment" and "letter of employment" disappeared, and 'PoF" appeared. That's why I wondered if my category changed too.
I guess I'll just write that in my explanation letter.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked my ITA letter a moment ago, I was invited under CEC, so I had no PoF to show. But if you remember, I made this mistake with this arranged employment points that I claimed but wasn't entitled to.
The placeholder "POF" wasn't there until I changed my "no" to the very first question of the intended work section like you suggested. Placeholders for "offer of employment" and "letter of employment" disappeared, and 'PoF" appeared. That's why I wondered if my category changed too.
Even so you are still a CEC applicant so just upload a letter stating so in the POF placeholder. Your eligibility under the CEC program isn't based on whether you have a valid job offer or not but rather if you meet the required year of full-time work experience in Canada within the past 3 years.

Reactions: broutilde

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Even so you are still a CEC applicant so just upload a letter stating so in the POF placeholder. Your eligibility under the CEC program isn't based on whether you have a valid job offer or not but rather if you meet the required year of full-time work experience in Canada within the past 3 years.
Thank you. I don't know what kind of job you do, but you should set up an immigration consulting firm.

Larson18

Jul 18, 2018
I guess I'll just write that in my explanation letter.
hello,

I'm late to the party but I am currently in the exact situation as you. I was wondering if you could share a follow up on what happened with you CEC application and that 50 extra points you got? Did the mistake complicate things more and do you have your PR by now? pls let me know :)