+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

offer of employment and letter of employment?

constanza

Nov 23, 2019
Hi to everyone!
I got my ItA and now Im completing my application.

I have been invited through CEC
I have a job offer from my current employer
I have read some comments, and I understood that for the offer of employment I should have a letter from my employer saying I will be employed for at least one year after becoming a permanent resident (or that you have permanent, full-time employment) and for the letter of employment I should have a letter of my current agreement with the employer, start date, Noc, position, full time/part time, wage, etc.

Am I right? In that case, the letter of employment will be the same that i will upload for the employment record of my curret job?

Thanks so much if you take the time to read!
Have a nice day!

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Thats not a valid job offer tho. You must satisfy following condition for it to be valid job offer.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
In your situation you have to choose that you do not have valid job offer. If you have one year experience you do not need valid job offer to meet CEC criteria.

constanza

Nov 23, 2019
I have been working with my employeer for one year, the same employeer gave me a job offer (he already aplied for it to IRCC, I have an Lmia exception for international Mobility Program)

I need the valid job offer, for the 50 points to my CRS.

Last edited: