+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employement and Letter of employement after additional 50 point.....

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Guys ,

I got ITA in JAN 4th draw.

I am working with multinational IT company in Canada on ICT work permit as permanent employee.

My work permit is going to expired in next 4 months.

I have claimed 50 additional points in express entry so even after permanent job do I need to provide any offer of employment which is valid for next 1 year? or I can just provide my current job offer?
permanent associate are applicable for this ?

Also , Can you please guide me what to submit in Offer of employment and letter of employment?
If someone have submitted the profile with these two letters than please share with us the format of the letters . I would really appreciate it.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
To claim the 50 points you need to have a job offer that will be for at least a year past or being granted by your company.

If you can't get that, you can't claim those 50 points.

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
But permenat job doesn't have any end date that means i m having job in
The same company untill i am not resigning

Please correct me here if i am wrong

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
I have the same situation.
Still haven't been invited but my contract expire this Dec 31. If I get the PR in (April ? May ?). I will technically not have a further 12 months of contract, just 7/8.
I was told that in this case you need something like a letter of intent from the company that state that it is in their intention to keep you for another year.

Bear in mind this does not obligate either you or the employer to work together the day after you get the PR. Once you'll get it they can let you go and you can leave the company. Seems like a pro-forma thing...

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
ubantu said:
But permenat job doesn't have any end date that means i m having job in
The same company untill i am not resigning

Please correct me here if i am wrong
I m not sure you can technically have a permanent job if you are not a permanent resident.
I also have it but I m under the impression that when they recently renew my contract they simply forgot about my TWP status.

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Thanks for the reply !

And yes technically no company will issue such letter that state that the employee will have job for 1 year after getting PR.

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
It will be of great help if someone who has received benefit of 50 additional point can provide format of letter.

If you have a letter saying that you are permanent full time employee, it doesn't suffice.
In practical do you get a letter from employer saying you will be employed for 1 year at minimum.

Appreciate your help.

SubwaySurfer

Jan 4, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on ICT and my WP is in process of getting extended right now.

For the WP extension (and I am sure the same is true for fresh WP), Offer of Employment is required to be submitted to CIC - Form IMM5802E.
This form has emploer information, job duties, intended start date & end date of employment etc.
I have used the same for claiming 50 points. I dont know if it works, as I am still waiting.

Do check with the HR if they provided that document on your initial ICT and you can have the same.

MayaL

May 2, 2016
ubantu said:
Thanks for the reply !

And yes technically no company will issue such letter that state that the employee will have job for 1 year after getting PR.
If you are on deputation means your employment end date is your WP end date !!

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
This is a whole mess... ;D
your company can't tell you they will keep you after your WP expire, because technically and legally they can't. So if you expire in few months and you are in the PR process its a kind of wall. This is why I was told the company needs to do such of a Letter of Intent. Anyway I'll let my HR handle it from now... I'll update this once I know something.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
To claim the 50 points you need to have a job offer that will be for at least a year past or being granted by your company.

If you can't get that, you can't claim those 50 points.
and should be supported by Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA !

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
omar_ahmed21 said:
and should be supported by Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA !
Or you've been on a close work permit for a year.

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Re posting to see if anyone was able to claim 50 points and can guide if below evidences are enough:

1. Having a valid closed work permit for next 2 yrs.
2. Having letter from employer which was issued to get 3 yr work permit.
3. Recently issued Letter from HR saying I am assigned at client location in Canada under 3 year work permit.

Thank you