23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
Off Campus Work Permit Query :

I will start my class from Fall (4 months)
Winter(4 months )
in that case , would i apply for off campus work permit in the mid of winter semester ?

Thank You

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
yes you can

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
dipta said:
yes you can
would u please inbox me your detail ? hav u applied for visa ?

tiger007

Champion Member
tanvirmustan said:
Off Campus Work Permit Query :

I will start my class from Fall (4 months)
Winter(4 months )
in that case , would i apply for off campus work permit in the mid of winter semester ?

Thank You
Hi,

You can apply for OCWP, if you have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application. So, yes... you can apply for OCWP by mid of winter semester.

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp)

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
Tiger This is your 1st comment into my post . Thank You .
Some of indian guys told me that , they do illegal jobs without a work permit ?
are they joking with me , or it's possible .
Thank You
tiger007 said:
Hi,

You can apply for OCWP, if you have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application. So, yes... you can apply for OCWP by mid of winter semester.

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp)

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

tiger007

Champion Member
tanvirmustan said:
Some of indian guys told me that , they do illegal jobs without a work permit ?
Hi,

It is possible, but not at all reccomended. International students in many cases, do work extra time ..mostly under desi employers, who exploit the ultra cheap labor (by paying them as low as 4$-6$/hour... well below the legal minimum wage) and at same time making them work much more harder, often not following any legal labor law or safety standards. It usually happens in the bigger cities, where there is a significant presence of South-Asian population. I'm sure... similar activities must also be happening within the other immigrant communities such as the Filipinos, Chinese etc. This is not only very risky, but if a student gets caught, will be deported immediately... but it also affects the grades, and debunks the whole purpose of studying and learning. Hence, proper planning of budget is very important, so that one doesn't end up doing these kind of jobs to survive.

tiger007

Champion Member
theasifkhan said:
my course start may 2013 can i apply for ocwp in second semster starting in sep.
Hi,

Please read the above post clearly.

You can apply for OCWP, if you have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application.

So, you must complete 6 months of actual studies/ attend classes i.e for 1st semester (4 months)+ 2 months of next (2nd) semester... and only then, you will be eligible to apply for an OCWP.