+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Off Campus Work Permit possible in this case? Pls pls reply

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Hi, if I pursue a 1 year post graduate degree diploma course from vancouver island university, will I be eligible to receive an off campus work permit? Also, if my spouse comes to Canada in few months, will she be eligible for open work permit as per the recently introduced rules?

Is this university credible or recognized by the Canadian government authorities and in the job market? Is it easy to get a job while studying on an off campus work permit

Please please reply since your views will help me to make the right decision.

I have a pass class but many years of work experience in KPO and IELTS score of 7+

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
linus27 said:
Hi, if I pursue a 1 year post graduate degree diploma course from vancouver island university, will I be eligible to receive an off campus work permit? Also, if my spouse comes to Canada in few months, will she be eligible for open work permit as per the recently introduced rules?

Is this university credible or recognized by the Canadian government authorities and in the job market? Is it easy to get a job while studying on an off campus work permit

Please please reply since your views will help me to make the right decision.

I have a pass class but many years of work experience in KPO and IELTS score of 7+
check if university is on this list
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
linus27 said:
Yes, is this course good enough to get post graduate work permit?
If you look on the list you see that Vancouver Island University is listed with no courses specified. This means that any course pursued at this University is eligible for PGWP. So, yes if you do a course of 1 year, you should expect a 1 year WP. Your spouse can apply for a SOWP if he is coming to Canada with you

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you so much!

Did you mean Spouse Open Work Permit and for 1 year? If yes, is it advisable to apply together or separately?