+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Off-Campus Work Permit after First semester!! Why??

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lool, sir jeee yeh goray aaap sab ko darayi jayen gey.. tension na lein aur sukoon se jayen , har banda wahan under the table he job karta hai, aur tab tak nahi pakra jata jab tak koi report na karay

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
@Nightrocker... you started this topic i guess.. Umm did you get your visa??? If Not why are you talking about this work permit crap man... for Heavens sake first get your visa and then discuss these things man... its too early to talk about it..

Paul-in-Canada

Mar 10, 2011
Nightrocker said:
Hello guys. I have a question regarding to off campus work permit. Why it is in Canada that during first semester the student can only work on campus.
Totally agree with what rhasan & Leon wrote earlier.

Nightrocker said:
Can't a student work off campus during first semester without work permit?
Yes, you can, By violating the laws. Nobody can stop you from breaking the law. Break it, if you wish, but also prepare yourself for the worst case scenario. Your call.

Nightrocker said:
I don't understand why work permit is required? Will employer provide job only one shows work permit? Please explain this problem to me.
I am not sure. I think its due to "RecordKeeping". I guess when an alien enters the Canadian Labor/Job Market, the Govt needs to track his/her earnings. With a "Work Permit", they issue u some kind of unique ID that help Govt track of your earnings when you file your taxes. Just my guess, I may be wrong.

Nightrocker said:
It's irritating me ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:) Well, Its the law, you like it or not. You are free to choose any country in the world whose laws you like most. I promise, you will come back to Canada. No other developed country has more "International Student" friendly laws than Canada.

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
You get a work permit along with a SIN.
Thats how ur taxes are kept in track.

Cash jobs = No tax payments. One call from RMCP or CBSA and ur ass is being packed to good old Pakistan.
Cash jobs also = Payments less than the minimum wage.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
afridi2482 said:
@ Nightrocker... you started this topic i guess.. Umm did you get your visa??? If Not why are you talking about this work permit crap man... for Heavens sake first get your visa and then discuss these things man... its too early to talk about it..
No yaara I haven't got yet :( :( :( still waiting.

Bas yar ye question bohat dinon sey dimaagh men ghoom rahaa thaa tabhi poocha. Agar visa miljati mujhey to is forum pey Tehalkaa machaa detaa ;D ;D ;D

Bas remember in your prayers. And also I pray for you to get your visa soon. Wish best of luck bro.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011