Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Applying on-line for off-campus work permit. Application (pdf) requires a digital signature. How do you include a digital signature?

Called CIC and they said to just type name on pdf in applicable field - but pdf form doesn't allow this. Called again and CIC said either print and submit hard copy application (what's the point of online application?) or send question to CIC IT folks which takes 10 days to reply. I suggested printing application, signing, scan and submit electronically but CIC that would not likely work.

anyone else encounter this problem with on-line applications requiring digital signature and have a solution.

thanks

AnnaMartin

Mar 4, 2013
Migrain said:
Applying on-line for off-campus work permit. Application (pdf) requires a digital signature. How do you include a digital signature?

Called CIC and they said to just type name on pdf in applicable field - but pdf form doesn't allow this. Called again and CIC said either print and submit hard copy application (what's the point of online application?) or send question to CIC IT folks which takes 10 days to reply. I suggested printing application, signing, scan and submit electronically but CIC that would not likely work.

anyone else encounter this problem with on-line applications requiring digital signature and have a solution.

thanks
Hello,
When you are applying online you do not need to sigh your application by hand. When you upload all your documents, press Continue button, then you will be asked to sign and transmit all your document to CIC. That is it.
I just applied for a visa. Hoping for a positive answer....

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Arriannross said:
so what did you do for the digital signature? how did you do it?

1. Type name as printed on your study permit, not passport and validate your form.

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
Hello,
When you are applying online you do not need to sigh your application by hand. When you upload all your documents, press Continue button, then you will be asked to sign and transmit all your document to CIC. That is it.
I just applied for a visa. Hoping for a positive answer....

to annmartin:

for digital signature how did you go about it? is it the process of js scanning the file after signing it? i jus dont get what they mean by digital signature?

poke.me

Mar 13, 2013
Hello,

Please help me out, I am new on this forum. I have applied for an off campus work permit. And in that process, I have successfully received my EVN number on the MyCIC account.

Now my question is: What should I do after having this EVN number? I can not see any application form loaded on my account. Please let me know which link (and where) I should click on the MyCIC account.

Please guide me