+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCWP: 6 months in a Row or Studied?

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Hi people... one question:
The 6 months that we have to wait to obtain the right of the OCWP is 6 months in a row or 6 studied months?

At CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp) said:

• have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application

Are we considered full-time student the whole time (including vacations) or only when we are studying? Are there anyone who got OCWP after 6 months in a row?

Thanks a lot.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
virtu said:
Hi people... one question:
The 6 months that we have to wait to obtain the right of the OCWP is 6 months in a row or 6 studied months?

At CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp) said:

• have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application

Are we considered full-time student the whole time (including vacations) or only when we are studying? Are there anyone who got OCWP after 6 months in a row?

Thanks a lot.
6 months of study if u take break that wont be count say like u enroll at september u will be able to apply in march,, if u enroll in jan and take summer break u will be able to apply in nov

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
sharjeel91 said:
6 months of study if u take break that wont be count say like u enroll at september u will be able to apply in march,, if u enroll in jan and take summer break u will be able to apply in nov
Thanks a lot =)

dream2014

Sep 3, 2013
Guys, I've heard this rule has been changed now and now a student can work right from the first day itself, unlike waiting for 6 months. Is it true? My educational consultants (Two from different parts of the city) have told me this latest development.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
dream2014 said:
Guys, I've heard this rule has been changed now and now a student can work right from the first day itself, unlike waiting for 6 months. Is it true? My educational consultants (Two from different parts of the city) have told me this latest development.
that was just a proposed change but was never implemented ok,, according to cic website u still have to study 6 months full time to get work permit