+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

trunalgupte

Sep 10, 2011
So I guess the rules changed on 11th Oct. 2017

I prepared and sent my application on 13/10/2017... I had the dates typed as 13/11 by mistake. So they sent me my application back saying my application is dated in future.

Anyways it was 13/11/2017 by the time I received the returned application and sent it back to them after correcting. (Stupid me, wasted a month by making a tiny mistake.)

17/11/2017: Application received
24/01/2018: Acknowledgement of receipt of application
20/02/2018: In process

Waiting since...

HappyAlto

Feb 25, 2018
I called Call Center and they told me that my application was recently (mid July) sent to the Scarborough office with status: Ready for test invite. Anybody else in the same boat? Does it mean that I should expect an invitation soon or now I am placed in the Scarborough's queue for several months?

tom94063

May 1, 2013
I called Call Center and they told me that my application was recently (mid July) sent to the Scarborough office with status: Ready for test invite. Anybody else in the same boat? Does it mean that I should expect an invitation soon or now I am placed in the Scarborough's queue for several months?
Same here. When exactly was your file trasferred? Mine was Jul 20, but no test invite so far. I asked the agents those questions but he did not know. I try so hard not to think the file transfer is going to take a whole month again like when it was transferred from NS to Mississauga. So I do not know if it is a good thing or not. Not sure why Mississauga after 7 months with no movement just decided to send my file over to the other office.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
I got same answer several months ago. Mine arrived at Scarborough on Dec 23rd, 2017. No test invitation yet.

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Finally received test invite today 2nd August,test is scheduled on 24th August in Scarborough..IP since December 12.
I requested GCSM notes,rec receilast week but didn't understand anything.
According to it primary office was Mississauga and secondary was in St.clair
Sigh of relief

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Finally received test invite today 2nd August,test is scheduled on 24th August in Scarborough..IP since December 12.
I requested GCSM notes,rec receilast week but didn't understand anything.
According to it primary office was Mississauga and secondary was in St.clair
Sigh of relief
congrats. gave rest of us some hope to hang on

HSoni

Mar 13, 2018
Just got our Test invite on 2-August. We are a family of 3 who applied for Citizenship grant

Timeline is
  • Application received: 20 Oct 2017.
  • AOR: 1 Dec 2017
  • Started Processing: 15-Dec 2017
  • Test Invite sent: 27-July (I received it on 2-Aug). Test Date is 30-Aug at Scarborough.
I see light at the end of the tunnel... Wish us luck.

Reactions: dkmemon

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just got our Test invite on 2-August. We are a family of 3 who applied for Citizenship grant

Timeline is
  • Test Invite sent: 27-July (I received it on 2-Aug). Test Date is 30-Aug at Scarborough.
Every time I see this type of update I go back to refresh my email inbox, and there's always ..... NOTHING
LOL
But good luck to your test!

Reactions: SpiceIsland

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Same here, always hope and then nothing just frustration. Good luck to everyone who got test invite.
Doesn't seem like I will get anything this week... and with a long weekend coming up and everybody is taking vacations around it, I am guessing nothing next week as well.... LOL

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I bet our applications are with the same officer, nothing else explains why everyone is getting an invitation and not us.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I bet our applications are with the same officer, nothing else explains why everyone is getting an invitation and not us.
Or maybe the government wants to recruit us as new spies... so they want to be extra careful when checking our backgrounds...

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Timeline is
Congrats!!

Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Doesn't seem like I will get anything this week... and with a long weekend coming up and everybody is taking vacations around it, I am guessing nothing next week as well.... LOL
Dont lose hope but you could vent as much as you want its your right.