Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
It's been 7 months now since I sent my application. There has been no progress on my app except for an AOR. I am in Montreal.

I received my ATIP notes today. 40 pages that say essentially nothing, there has been no update since Jan 26 (the day my ECAS turned to In Progress).

All it says is:
Knowledge - Not started
Residence - Not started
Language - Not started
Prohibition - Not started
Criminality - Passed (my only silver lining I guess?)

On one hand, I am reassured to see that nothing seems to be wrong with my app, on the other hand... why has nothing happened yet? Was my file physically lost? I am tempted to call CIC but I already know what they are going to answer me "it it's within 12 months of processing, we can't give you any info on your app, etc etc"

I am nervous because I am traveling 3 weeks in July and with my luck, they'll finally send me my test invite for when I am not in Montreal.... *Sigh*

Reactions: Ashnik

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It's been 7 months now since I sent my application. There has been no progress on my app except for an AOR. I am in Montreal.

I received my ATIP notes today. 40 pages that say essentially nothing, there has been no update since Jan 26 (the day my ECAS turned to In Progress).

All it says is:
Knowledge - Not started
Residence - Not started
Language - Not started

On one hand, I am reassured to see that nothing seems to be wrong with my app, on the other hand... why has nothing happened yet? Was my file physically lost? I am tempted to call CIC but I already know what they are going to answer me "it it's within 12 months of processing, we can't give you any info on your app, etc etc"

I am nervous because I am traveling 3 weeks in July and with my luck, they'll finally send me my test invite for when I am not in Montreal.... *Sigh*
Why is your report that long? Did you have a lot of trips outside Canada? I had 17 and my report has about only 30 pages ...
I applied around the same time as you did, and I don't even expect to get any test invitation in July... LOL, maybe I need some optimism

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
Why is your report that long? Did you have a lot of trips outside Canada? I had 17 and my report has about only 30 pages ...
I applied around the same time as you did, and I don't even expect to get any test invitation in July... LOL, maybe I need some optimism
I did have a few trips outside of Canada (mostly weekends away to visit my friends in NYC, that add up), but there's also 25 pages of the same content that repeats for some reasons. Their software must be really ancient ahah.

Considering the amount of time it takes to go from test to oath, if I don't get my test invite by July, I feel like I'll definitely be outside of the 12 months processing. Not that it matters anymore, thankfully my PR card is valid until 2020, but it remains frustrating to see people who applied at the same time or after me who already got their oath and I am stuck in the earlier stages.

Good luck with your own application :)

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Why am I not surprised..... it's always Mississauga.
I have a feeling there is a batch of us (Mississauga Applicants) at the bottom of the pile. Is there any way to raise this issue with the media? Maybe it will get the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship minister attention.

It's sad and shocking to see those of us who are going through process are delayed and people jumping borders from US are processed faster.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Don't worry, things can change quickly. The notes I received about a week ago (thus contains info 5 week ago) look exactly like this, and I'm Decision Made right now. But like you said they might invite you for test when you want it the least...

All it says is:
Knowledge - Not started
Residence - Not started
Language - Not started

QUOTE]

Reactions: Ashnik

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I have a feeling there is a batch of us (Mississauga Applicants) at the bottom of the pile. Is there any way to raise this issue with the media? Maybe it will get the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship minister attention.

It's sad and shocking to see those of us who are going through process are delayed and people jumping borders from US are processed faster.
There's nothing much we can do, we're totally at their mercy. The counter argument is that you're still within the normal processing time which is one year. We'll just have to suck it up and accept our fate that our applications ended up in the slowest centre in Canada.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
this is encouraging. Which office ?
Montreal office. Not sure if it had an impact but she applied for ATIP last week. Maybe that triggered something.
Also note that, she had been requested fingerprints three months ago. She had too many trips as well. So those might cause the long processing times.
You can see timeline in my signature.