+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
So if you're a FSW and move to Montreal, they wouldn't object to it during citizenship? Because FSW strictly prohibits any intention to live in Quebec.
FSW doesn't prohibit living in Quebec, IRCC Canada made it very clear in their website:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6

I am a new permanent resident in Canada. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.

FSW states that your first intention is to settle outside Québec. No if you first landed into i'd say NB, and you are FSW. things didn't work out after few months. You can go live elsewhere if you want to. The only exception to this rule is when you go through PNP

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
But there is a catch, yes you can live anywhere you want, but from a immigration lawyer point of view, he explained to me that to avoid any future issue, the PR must first reside somewhere else before moving to QC. like first settle in NB or ON or whatever, get their medical card and driving licence and after few months you can move to Québec. If you decide to settle the first time directly into QC it may be interpreted as misrepresentation because you didn't show your intent first to go somewhere else than QC.

Reactions: Amrish1186

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
But there is a catch, yes you can live anywhere you want, but from a immigration lawyer point of view, he explained to me that to avoid any future issue, the PR must first reside somewhere else before moving to QC. like first settle in NB or ON or whatever, get their medical card and driving licence and after few months you can move to Québec. If you decide to settle the first time directly into QC it may be interpreted as misrepresentation because you didn't show your intent first to go somewhere else than QC.
Makes sense. I was thinking about going to Ontario as well, if things work out there then great; otherwise, I do have a soft spot from Quebec.

Reactions: sabensaid92

imjenjenjen

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Congratulations to those who all got their approval. I'm happy to know that October applications are moving, This gives me hope that anytime now, I'll receive the golden email too. Both Background and Eligibility are still in process - lodged October 27. I'm manifesting that I'll get all your positive and successful energy. My time will come soon!

rykker

Mar 7, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2023
Doc's Request.
Nov 21, 2023
Nomination.....
Oct 2, 2023
AOR Received.
Oct 26, 2023
Med's Request
Nov 21, 2023
Med's Done....
Dec 02, 2023
Congratulations to those who all got their approval. I'm happy to know that October applications are moving, This gives me hope that anytime now, I'll receive the golden email too. Both Background and Eligibility are still in process - lodged October 27. I'm manifesting that I'll get all your positive and successful energy. My time will come soon!
We are in the same boat.

svinna

Apr 25, 2022
Hi,
My tracker is updated with all the 4 stages completed but COPR is not reflecting. GC account also has a GU of Medical results and Final decision with today's date followed by a statement "your application is in progress, we will update you once the final decision has been made". What does this mean?

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hi,
My tracker is updated with all the 4 stages completed but COPR is not reflecting. GC account also has a GU of Medical results and Final decision with today's date followed by a statement "your application is in progress, we will update you once the final decision has been made". What does this mean?
It means you got PPR - your COPR number should appear at some point on tracker

imjenjenjen

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
For 2 consecutive days now, I keep on getting Application/Profile updated in my Gckey but no actual updates. Could this be a good sign?

SeanSong91

Apr 25, 2021
CEC-Inland
ITA Oct-11-2023
Submitted and AOR Oct-20-2023
Request to Pay for Biometrics Dec-8-2023
Biometrics Payment Update Notification Dec-29-2023
BIL and Medical Pass Jan-8-2024
Biometrics submitted Jan-10-2024
Biometrics and Eligibility Completed on Tracker Jan-30-2024
ADR - Feb-1-2024
ADR replied - Feb-6-2024
Document Receipt Notification (from GC Key) - Feb-7-2024

I got an ATIP reply on the application I submitted before the last update (around mid-Jan)

On the note it said that A11.2/R87.1 Eligibility Passed,

Admissibility Passed, No A35 or A37 concerns,

On another note, a case analyst is recommending the file to be passed, it indicates that it is ready to Finalize as of 1/30/2024.

If they are satisfied with eligibility and admissibility concerns, why would they send an ADR and why am I not hearing back over a week?

Any insights?

CEC-Inland
ITA Oct-11-2023
Submitted and AOR Oct-20-2023
Request to Pay for Biometrics Dec-8-2023
Biometrics Payment Update Notification Dec-29-2023
BIL and Medical Pass Jan-8-2024
Biometrics submitted Jan-10-2024
Biometrics and Eligibility Completed on Tracker Jan-30-2024
ADR - Feb-1-2024
ADR replied - Feb-6-2024
Document Receipt Notification (from GC Key) - Feb-7-2024
Tracker Update Background Verification in Progress (Background Check Not Applicable in GC Key) - Feb-19-2024
ADR #2 - Feb-20-2024
ADR #2 replied - Feb-21-2024

I received another ADR yesterday requiring Details of Government Employment Form.

I was given 7 days to reply. I work for the Government of Canada and the position at the GoC was listed both in original eAPR and new Schedule A for the first ADR in government positions section.

replied today.

I thought having reliability status for the Federal Government Appointments would accelerate the process of background verification. I guess not LOL.

I will submit another ATIP request by the end of the week.

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Alberta Tech Pathway (PNP) - Express Entry - Inland
ITA : September 19, 2023
File Submitted and AOR : October 16, 2023
Upfont Medical Passed: November 7, 2023
BIL : November 7, 2023
Biometrics Submitted: November 15, 2023
Biometrics got updated in GC Key with Biometrics number and dates, but not yet completed (It still shows we have not received your fingerprints in GC key and it shows in progress in application status tracker)
Biometics: In Progress
Eligibility : In progress
Background: In progress
No update since Dec 5, 2023 (when background, eligibility and biometrics changed from not started to in progress in application status tracker)

Its been almost 3.5 months since AOR.
Same as mine, biometrics done 7 days ago, uptaded on gckey, but not yet completed. In tracker biometrics still in progress.
Did you have any update?

Jenifer Pluto

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
Heard about your prediction are so true for others

but I haven’t got any update still waiting your words to be true for me
don’t worry, my prayers are with you! The PPR request will come out of the blue, at a time you’re fully busy in something else :) so have faith and wait patiently. Mean time do get those pictures needed for the passport submission and also get the consent form from the VFS website and be prepared. Make sure you’re upto date with your VFS account passwords and usernames so as soon as you get the PPR it’s matter of booking an appointment and submitting your passport.

webdevbosch

Aug 4, 2023
aww so sweet of you dear,
May God gives you all happiness.
don’t worry, my prayers are with you! The PPR request will come out of the blue, at a time you’re fully busy in something else :) so have faith and wait patiently. Mean time do get those pictures needed for the passport submission and also get the consent form from the VFS website and be prepared. Make sure you’re upto date with your VFS account passwords and usernames so as soon as you get the PPR it’s matter of booking an appointment and submitting your passport.

• Love
Reactions: Jenifer Pluto