+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My background is in customer service and marketing but I'm open to any jobs until I get citizenship. I was thinking about Ottawa too because it's a bilingual city.
You should definitely search for bilingual customer rep if you want to get a customer service job. There are plenty and folks with good english+good french are super rare.

About marketing, you can remotely work for Quebec based companies for:
1. SEO
2. PPC
3. Demand gen
4. etc

Most marketers in Canada are very subpar in my opinion and good ones find jobs very fast. Very hard to find folks who can reliably scale a channel.

Reactions: algerianboy
Jan 27, 2024
Hi guys, among IRCC website, tracker, or call center agent?which source is more accurate and up-to-date? In the status tracker, my background check is shown as in progress, eligibity not started, while it's opposite in my IRCC account. Call center agent's answer is aligned with IRCC account though. I'm kinda confused now.

Reactions: eddyaa1

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
I'd suggest you start by looking into where you target job is in abundance and then balance trade offs of COL/life expectations/etc with various locations. For example, if you are in customer service, most provinces demand bilingual customer reps(especially in healthcare), but let's say you are into tech, best to go to larger Canadian cities with more tech jobs.

A good proxy is when you look at the number of jobs on indeed.ca for the location you are planning to move to. Unless you are applying in a regulated profession, assume a 0.7% conversion rate(interview calls/jobs applied) and see if there are enough jobs that you can reliably convert. NB might be a very small job market, but you can always move to Quebec as a PR as you're protected by Canadian charter once you are PR(there are threads on how to move to Quebec as a FSW that you should definitely read).
If someone moves to Montreal for better opportunities, will that affect your citizenship application though? Perhaps it can be viewed more negatively?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
If someone moves to Montreal for better opportunities, will that affect your citizenship application though? Perhaps it can be viewed more negatively?
Under the Canadian constitution you have the right of movement within Canada. Now when will a move have a negative impact is when you are PNP and you moved from your province without a valid reason.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Under the Canadian constitution you have the right of movement within Canada. Now when will a move have a negative impact is when you are PNP and you moved from your province without a valid reason.
So if you're a FSW and move to Montreal, they wouldn't object to it during citizenship? Because FSW strictly prohibits any intention to live in Quebec.