+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

Jan 27, 2024
No update yet, what is your pvo and svo? My application moved from Sydney to Edmonton. Please post your complete timeline.
How do you know your PVO and SVO? I have no idea for mine. Are they showing in Gckey?

My timeline:
August 15 - ITA
October 15 - AOR
Jan 4, 2024 - Medical passed
Jan 23, 2024 - Biometric completed
Background check - In progress
Eligibility -
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements - GCkey
  • Not started - Tracker.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
2 strange things:

1. Mine, Spouse and Child's COPR document number is same. Exactly same for all 3 of us.

2. Mine and Spouse's Background Verification is completed. Child's background verification is showing In-Progress. Overall Application status is In Progress.

@iSaidGoodDay, can you comment on this issue please?
1. You are approved. It can take some time to issue an approval email, but you are there.
2. Overall application will go to completed once your passports are stamped.

Apart from the wait time for the approval, you are done!

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
Congrats! I'm surprised that they are working on a public holiday.

No more "F*** IRCC", right? ;) They delivered well and should be appreciated.
I do appreciate them! But I did freak out when one user pointed out that they got ADR after eligibility completed. I thought it was very unfair and I pointed it out :p. I had to literally struggle to make my supervisor write the correct job duties as he was being so lazy in writing my job and responsibilities letter. I was dreading dealing with him again regarding this issue.

So I thought that people who get their eligibility completed should at least have peaceful time after. But I'm very happy and relieved that they didn't ask me for ADR because I was not entirely satisfied with the way my supervisor wrote the letter. Glad IRCC was though!

• Haha
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
You got a PPR letter or RFV? Time to start your settlement journey. Bilinguals are in a decent(relatively to those who speak only one language) demand in Canada across provinces.
What's the difference in these two? I got an email, something like "we sent you a message about your application" then I logged in the gckey portal and saw the passport request letter there. Is it usually different? Which province do you suggest will be better to move as a French and English speaker? I was thinking either New Brunswick or something. But if things don't work out then I'll move to Quebec.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
What's the difference in these two? I got an email, something like "we sent you a message about your application" then I logged in the gckey portal and saw the passport request letter there. Is it usually different? Which province do you suggest will be better to move as a French and English speaker? I was thinking either New Brunswick or something. But if things don't work out then I'll move to Quebec.
NB is a very calm and beautiful province. But the economy is not as flourishing as in other provinces. I've been there for few years.

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Hello Seniors,

I am a PNP Inland candidate with AOR 12-Oct.

All have been completed on Tracker since 25th Jan, but there is no FD or COPR yet.

My Work Permit restoration is also in progress, but IRCC is simply not picking the work permit file despite processing time being exceeded by more than 3 weeks.

My spouse's TRV has also not been processed despite the processing time being exceeded by 40+ days.

I am concerned as I am not sure if the PR application is on hold because of my WP restoration or if our WP & TRV applications are on hold because PR is almost approved.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Reactions: canadaasp1

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I'd suggest you start by looking into where you target job is in abundance and then balance trade offs of COL/life expectations/etc with various locations. For example, if you are in customer service, most provinces demand bilingual customer reps(especially in healthcare), but let's say you are into tech, best to go to larger Canadian cities with more tech jobs.

A good proxy is when you look at the number of jobs on indeed.ca for the location you are planning to move to. Unless you are applying in a regulated profession, assume a 0.7% conversion rate(interview calls/jobs applied) and see if there are enough jobs that you can reliably convert. NB might be a very small job market, but you can always move to Quebec as a PR as you're protected by Canadian charter once you are PR(there are threads on how to move to Quebec as a FSW that you should definitely read).

Reactions: algerianboy

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello Seniors,

I am a PNP Inland candidate with AOR 12-Oct.

All have been completed on Tracker since 25th Jan, but there is no FD or COPR yet.

My Work Permit restoration is also in progress, but IRCC is simply not picking the work permit file despite processing time being exceeded by more than 3 weeks.

My spouse's TRV has also not been processed despite the processing time being exceeded by 40+ days.

I am concerned as I am not sure if the PR application is on hold because of my WP restoration or if our WP & TRV applications are on hold because PR is almost approved.

Can someone shed some light on this?
They don't hold off on applications because another one is in motion.

If you've exceeded the avg processing time for work permit, you should consider reaching out to your MP and ask them for help here.

A question though, you've had a valid status in Canada throughout this time, right?

Since everything is completed on Tracker, I'd assume a good news as the next step. It can take some time though.

svinna

Apr 25, 2022
How do you know your PVO and SVO? I have no idea for mine. Are they showing in Gckey?

My timeline:
August 15 - ITA
October 15 - AOR
Jan 4, 2024 - Medical passed
Jan 23, 2024 - Biometric completed
Background check - In progress
Eligibility -
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements - GCkey
  • Not started - Tracker.
We need to call IRCC and ask for those details. Unfortunately, they are not available on GCkey

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
They don't hold off on applications because another one is in motion.

If you've exceeded the avg processing time for work permit, you should consider reaching out to your MP and ask them for help here.

A question though, you've had a valid status in Canada throughout this time, right?

Since everything is completed on Tracker, I'd assume a good news as the next step. It can take some time though.
When I submitted the PR application, I was in implied status in Oct. However, the implied status expired when I received a refusal on my SOWP extension as my spouse was not employed at the time of the PGWP application.

Immediately, I filed for the Status Restoration as a Work Permit application using the Work Permit Support Letter received from the province. All this while, the PR application has been moving slowly, and all was completed on the tracker on January 25th. It gave me hope that we may receive PR before the WP. But now everything seems to have stalled. So, wondering if the PR application is waiting for the status restoration or vice versa.

I have contacted MP for WP application status, and he advised me to wait for two weeks post the initial inquiry with IRCC in early Feb. I have again reached out to their office for a follow-up. Can MP's office help resolve this matter now since it has been more than two weeks since their office initiated the status request?

For the TRV application, we received a response from IRCC stating it's in progress and they don't guarantee how much time it would take to finalize the application. It's a simple TRV inside Canada for my spouse having PGWP. Not sure what's going on with this one.

Daily the stress levels are increasing, but we don't see anything moving. The only hope of All Completed is keeping us a bit motivated, though.

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
I'd suggest you start by looking into where you target job is in abundance and then balance trade offs of COL/life expectations/etc with various locations. For example, if you are in customer service, most provinces demand bilingual customer reps(especially in healthcare), but let's say you are into tech, best to go to larger Canadian cities with more tech jobs.

A good proxy is when you look at the number of jobs on indeed.ca for the location you are planning to move to. Unless you are applying in a regulated profession, assume a 0.7% conversion rate(interview calls/jobs applied) and see if there are enough jobs that you can reliably convert. NB might be a very small job market, but you can always move to Quebec as a PR as you're protected by Canadian charter once you are PR(there are threads on how to move to Quebec as a FSW that you should definitely read).
My background is in customer service and marketing but I'm open to any jobs until I get citizenship. I was thinking about Ottawa too because it's a bilingual city.

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
When I submitted the PR application, I was in implied status in Oct. However, the implied status expired when I received a refusal on my SOWP extension as my spouse was not employed at the time of the PGWP application.

Immediately, I filed for the Status Restoration as a Work Permit application using the Work Permit Support Letter received from the province. All this while, the PR application has been moving slowly, and all was completed on the tracker on January 25th. It gave me hope that we may receive PR before the WP. But now everything seems to have stalled. So, wondering if the PR application is waiting for the status restoration or vice versa.

I have contacted MP for WP application status, and he advised me to wait for two weeks post the initial inquiry with IRCC in early Feb. I have again reached out to their office for a follow-up. Can MP's office help resolve this matter now since it has been more than two weeks since their office initiated the status request?

For the TRV application, we received a response from IRCC stating it's in progress and they don't guarantee how much time it would take to finalize the application. It's a simple TRV inside Canada for my spouse having PGWP. Not sure what's going on with this one.

Daily the stress levels are increasing, but we don't see anything moving. The only hope of All Completed is keeping us a bit motivated, though.
@iSaidGoodDay I have seen many others in these forums who have received PR well before their status got restored. What do you think about my situation and current IRCC trends seen/observed with people in similar situations?