+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So I guess we anyways are in the dark knowing anything and everything and all we can do is assume lol
But anyways I’ve seen many ppl with AOR in Oct have got their PPR starting this month. And I saw 1 case with PPR request on Dec AOR as well. All I’ve got to do is wait and it’s frustrating :/
One thing that can potentially help is to find unique patterns(which is a bit hard). For example, applications that have outland spouse and inland primary are sent to Sydney for assessment of valid/fraud marriage. That's a little hard, but a bit more reliable to understand how your application will be processed at a specific VO.

Reactions: Jenifer Pluto

Jenifer Pluto

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
One thing that can potentially help is to find unique patterns(which is a bit hard). For example, applications that have outland spouse and inland primary are sent to Sydney for assessment of valid/fraud marriage. That's a little hard, but a bit more reliable to understand how your application will be processed at a specific VO.
Finding that would be extremely hard, exactly how long did your entire process take from AOR to PPR pls ?

Gkayy08

Jan 22, 2024
Hello All,
I received request to confirm my details such as address and email ID on 23rd Jan. I haven’t received the portal yet. However, I can see my COPR document number on application status tracker. Now, I have to travel outside Canada due to emergency, can I do so? Will I face any issue while coming back in June this year ?

algerianboy

Jan 19, 2024
I saw a ghost update on my PR tracker. The date it was updated was changed but the statuses were all the same. I was delayed in doing my medical because I had a really bad cold for a week so I only did them on the 5th. It's likely some agent probably checked upon my file to see if I did my medicals yet or not. Hopefully the clinic will upload the results soon!! Or maybe I'm just paranoid! Who knows what's next. The only hope to cling to is the fact that my eligibility is completed. Let's see guys!

justcyanide

Dec 13, 2023
I’m a bit worried if it’ll upset the representative coz me talking to IRCC over him would make things a little uncomfortable and I’m worried for that
But from what you’re saying knowing the PVO and SVO is kinda important
I personally don't see the point in knowing... it's not like you can change them if you get a "slow" one. And sometimes they change during the process... So to me it only adds worry for little benefit. And it's true that I've seen all been called "slow" or "bad" so I don't even know what would be a good one to get.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I’m a bit worried if it’ll upset the representative coz me talking to IRCC over him would make things a little uncomfortable and I’m worried for that
But from what you’re saying knowing the PVO and SVO is kinda important
First, you don't have to worry about the other guy over the phone. He's just a CSR. he has access to your file yes but cannot make a decision because it's not his job. Only Visa officers / assistants are allowed to make note and decisions on your file, Just to make things clear. You ask your questions in a respectable manner and that should do no harm.
PVO's and SVO's (VO=Visa office) are allocated by IRCC depending or each VO work load. There's nothing you can do about it. They say that Ottawa VO is fast, yes maybe, but again it's a case by case basis. Some cases are pretty much straight forward others do take time for some additional review and that's at the discretion of the agent who handles your file.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I saw a ghost update on my PR tracker. The date it was updated was changed but the statuses were all the same. I was delayed in doing my medical because I had a really bad cold for a week so I only did them on the 5th. It's likely some agent probably checked upon my file to see if I did my medicals yet or not. Hopefully the clinic will upload the results soon!! Or maybe I'm just paranoid! Who knows what's next. The only hope to cling to is the fact that my eligibility is completed. Let's see guys!
no worries. While they wait for your medical they check on other stuff at the same time. if everything is good with your medical it will be updated within the week.

Jenifer Pluto

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
I personally don't see the point in knowing... it's not like you can change them if you get a "slow" one. And sometimes they change during the process... So to me it only adds worry for little benefit. And it's true that I've seen all been called "slow" or "bad" so I don't even know what would be a good one to get.
So true it’s all a waiting game now

Jenifer Pluto

Star Member
Feb 3, 2024
First, you don't have to worry about the other guy over the phone. He's just a CSR. he has access to your file yes but cannot make a decision because it's not his job. Only Visa officers / assistants are allowed to make note and decisions on your file, Just to make things clear. You ask your questions in a respectable manner and that should do no harm.
PVO's and SVO's (VO=Visa office) are allocated by IRCC depending or each VO work load. There's nothing you can do about it. They say that Ottawa VO is fast, yes maybe, but again it's a case by case basis. Some cases are pretty much straight forward others do take time for some additional review and that's at the discretion of the agent who handles your file.
Thank you so much, I was a bit worried thinking about this but as you say there’s nothing we can do about this

Norm15

Dec 7, 2023
what is IMM5406?
and any update after this ?
Additional Family info. I'm divorced so think it was related to that -- needed to provide my ex's information, along with others.

The next day I received biometrics letter which I submitted.

Latest updated is Jan 22 with Biometrics completed. Still show status as reviewing eligibility, reviewing additional documents (IMM5406), and background check in process.

svinna

Apr 25, 2022
Any reviews on Edmonton VO? when checked with IRCC they said that PVO changed from Sydney to Edmonton. I heard the processing time is slow, need your inputs.
CEC Inland
AOR - 15 Oct
Medicals and BIL req : 4 Jan
BIL updated - 8 Jan
Eligibility - Not started
BG check : In progress
Last update over call is that change in PVO and my criminality is completed.

VictoriaAi

Dec 12, 2023
Does anybody know why there're a few offiices? Primary and secondary. Is it possible that one office approves application, and another one rejects?