+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I have heard this also from a few friends regarding slowness.

1) IRCC has quota issues. So they will slow things during November/December and send approvals by January. This seems to happen every week.
2) PNP is moving faster because the PNP quota is different. Also, there are chances that eligibility is already verified during the PNP stage.

Again, these are just information I heard/read from multiple sources. I am not sure if these are true.
AOR 11th OCT PNP. BG in progress everything else completed. Closing in on 60 days. If PNP is faster I should be getting a PPR this month. But I doubt that will happen till Jan end at best.

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
AOR 11th OCT PNP. BG in progress everything else completed. Closing in on 60 days. If PNP is faster I should be getting a PPR this month. But I doubt that will happen till Jan end at best.
Pace is perceptional. On one side you with an AOR of 11 Oct is waiting for PR and on other me with an AOR of 20/Oct is waiting for the BIL request.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Pace is perceptional. On one side you with an AOR of 11 Oct is waiting for PR and on other me with an AOR of 20/Oct is waiting for the BIL request.
True. Although the thing is that if some profiles are moving slower in one area those profiles do go faster in another area as otherwise their averages increase which they are trying to reduce (at least according to Press). So if you do BIL maybe your eligibility will complete immediately and the timelines will sort of be similar in the end. Who knows really. All this is very subjective and depends on the profiles.

Reactions: hr2094

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
True. Although the thing is that if some profiles are moving slower in one area those profiles do go faster in another area as otherwise their averages increase which they are trying to reduce (at least according to Press). So if you do BIL maybe your eligibility will complete immediately and the timelines will sort of be similar in the end. Who knows really. All this is very subjective and depends on the profiles.
Agreed. 3 months back the avg timeline was 6 months, it got reduced to 5 recently if you check IRCC official timelines for PR issuance through express entry. If they intend to continue this which they do as per their several publications they have to maintain the overall pace of the profile by compensating and expedite other parts of the process.

Reactions: tumblewit

dhillonparam

Dec 2, 2023
CEC EE
1st portal - 24 October 2023(replied same day)
2nd portal - 16 november 2023(replied same day as not in canada, then filled the portal on 29 november
and declared that i am in canada)
ecopr - still waiting
pr card - still waiting

any chances i can get my ecopr before holidays ?

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
I would also add that I applied for a study visa in 2018 that got refused so I have my biometrics then.
when I checked the validity of my current biometrics it says not applicable but I checked the validity of the previous biometrics I gave in 2018 and it says it’s valid. Sighs* I’m just confused.
Not Applicable means they have not been received by IRCC I guess, please call IRCC to check if they have received the same.

Julissa6926

Nov 9, 2023
Not Applicable means they have not been received by IRCC I guess, please call IRCC to check if they have received the same.
Thank you very much for your response.
I have just checked the validity tool today and my biometrics is now valid.
On my gckey application information, my biometric information has now updated. I think it was linked with my 2018 biometrics.
Although it still says in progress on tracker, my mind is at ease knowing biometrics is now valid even if it’s not updated yet.

Reactions: kkincanada

bewithbk

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Mine is AOR 6th October. Same category as yours.

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
I received a ghost update in my GCKey today. (My PR application status indicated 'Application updated,' but nothing in the application changed.) However, the tracker did not reflect any update. In my GCKey, the background check status is 'We are processing your background check,' and in the tracker, it is 'In progress.' The eligibility status in GCKey is 'We are reviewing your eligibility,' while in the tracker, it is 'Not started.' I just wanted to know what this ghost update might mean.

Thank you.
AOR- Oct 13 and Biometric Completed - Nov 14

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I received a ghost update in my GCKey today. (My PR application status indicated 'Application updated,' but nothing in the application changed.) However, the tracker did not reflect any update. In my GCKey, the background check status is 'We are processing your background check,' and in the tracker, it is 'In progress.' The eligibility status in GCKey is 'We are reviewing your eligibility,' while in the tracker, it is 'Not started.' I just wanted to know what this ghost update might mean.

Thank you.
AOR- Oct 13 and Biometric Completed - Nov 14
Check again later… you might have of those things change to complete. There is no guarantee GU leads to update in status but I would be excited all the same knowing someone “touched” my file!

Last edited: