+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

hilfiger21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2023
Category........
FSW
is there an approx timeline for Medical request / Biometric request after AoR? E.g 20 days after AoR

Oct 18, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
18-10-2023
is there an approx timeline for Medical request / Biometric request after AoR? E.g 20 days after AoR
Based on my observation, many people got it within 15-20 days. I am also waiting for it, it's been almost 15 days since my AOR.

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
Based on recent experiences by some of my friends, I guess out to out time line from AOR to COPR still stands at avg 4.5 to 5 months even if all the documents are fine and there is no request for any ADR.

Derr28

Mar 31, 2023
I think they are prioritizing applicants from PNP and certain occupations instead. Haven’t gotten any updates since my AOR 9 Oct and I really want to get the biometrics done before my surgery. FSW outlanders with other occupations are being processed last probably based on what I’m seeing

Reactions: canadiandaco

canadiandaco

Oct 24, 2023
I also think they are prioritizing applicants from PNP. I wouldn’t be surprised if the biometrics request takes longer than 30 days.

hr2094

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2024
It actually does not matter if the final outcome comes in around 4-5 months, that should not be delayed more which I guess is the actual IRCC intention as well.

Reactions: canadiandaco

canadiandaco

Oct 24, 2023
It actually does not matter if the final outcome comes in around 4-5 months, that should not be delayed more which I guess is the actual IRCC intention as well.
Yes, but just trying not to give false hope. It could take more time than just 15 days to receive the request for biometrics.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The SLA(for 80% applications) is set at 6 months, anything before that is IRCC overachieving their goals. I agree with @canadiandaco on false hopes. The more you expect, the more it can seriously hurt. We do expect things to be a lot faster for next year as IRCC is focusing on improving their systems, which would be a big step up.

bewithbk

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
In recent months, one of my friends got his COPR itself in 7 weeks. Yes he is PNP CEC. I am also a Ontario PNP (CEC) category with AOR submitted on October 6th. My bio metrics already updated and my medical review is empty as of today. IF you guys are telling that they are prioritizing the PNP, does that mean my case can move faster?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
In recent months, one of my friends got his COPR itself in 7 weeks. Yes he is PNP CEC. I am also a Ontario PNP (CEC) category with AOR submitted on October 6th. My bio metrics already updated and my medical review is empty as of today. IF you guys are telling that they are prioritizing the PNP, does that mean my case can move faster?
It is all anecdotal. My lovely OINP PNP/CEC friend @Lord_Tony has been waiting for 9 months now. So take everything with a grain of salt.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
It is all anecdotal. My lovely OINP PNP/CEC friend @Lord_Tony has been waiting for 9 months now. So take everything with a grain of salt.
I agree there is no set formula for approvals. It ultimately depends on the VO office, team processing the app, the case Analyst, the reviewing officer. How does one get a quick approval it is pure luck unless you are from a stream with priority e.g. Healthcare. Or the application is too clean and creates no doubts for the Analyst.
In my case it is quite clean have worked for employers for 20 years with right experience letter, paystubs, Tax and Bank Statements, as I've been trying Australian PR for years, my application is simple also. For Canada PR my application had an Australian PCC as I was there 8 years. As per IRCC an Australian PCC has to have 2 components 1) the Federal police's PCC, 2) Driving history from the state (province) police. I had given both. The analyst who did my Criminality supposedly doesn't know Australian PCC hence has asked the officer to confirm. For this criminality stopped for 6 months, due to which security didn't start either. It looks like most officers pick applications for review only after the normal processing timeline is over. Some are faster but not all. For PNP now normal processing is 8 months, it was 9 until last month. All of us can dream but remembers there is no assurance of fast processing only a small % get through fast.

What you won't understand now is this waiting will continue for some more years. A lot of who got their approvals/FD in July, still don't have eCOPRs, 2-6 months wait there. Those who got eCOPR another 3-6 months for the PR card. Later the PR who want to become citizens after 2-3 years, there is another 1.5 to 2.5 yr wait. Except the few lucky ones others have to wait no choice otherwise.

Last edited:

bewithbk

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Inland PNP (Ontario) via CEC

ITA - Sep 19 2023
AOR - October 6 2023
Status - UCI updated and medical results are blank
New update today. I got a request letter for an extra payment of $85. The letter says this.

On July 31st, 2018, biometrics collection (biographic data, fingerprints, and a photograph) became a requirement when you apply for permanent residence. Although you have paid $85 Biometric fees, you are required to pay the $170 Biometric Family Rate. Please pay the outstanding $85 Biometric fee.

I am not sure because both I and my wife gave biometrics before traveling. But I got this letter. So I paid the $85 today and updated the receipt.

Reactions: hr2094

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
New update today. I got a request letter for an extra payment of $85. The letter says this.

On July 31st, 2018, biometrics collection (biographic data, fingerprints, and a photograph) became a requirement when you apply for permanent residence. Although you have paid $85 Biometric fees, you are required to pay the $170 Biometric Family Rate. Please pay the outstanding $85 Biometric fee.

I am not sure because both I and my wife gave biometrics before traveling. But I got this letter. So I paid the $85 today and updated the receipt.
You are still required do to a new biometrics for PR application. If you have previously done biometrics you won’t get the option to pay the $85 when you are applying for PR, they ask after application.

So please pay ASAP. Congrats on your progress so far!

Reactions: bewithbk

hilfiger21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone, sharing my details

FSW - Outland
Members in Application : Total 3
ITA 26-Sep
AOR 30-Oct (Medical not done)

When can I expect the UCI to be generated? I've still not done the tracker thing because of absence of UCI.