+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

name12345

Oct 11, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for some guidance regarding an issue with my application.

Here's a brief timeline of events:

• October 21, 2023: Submitted my PR application and received Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) the same day.
  • December 08, 2023: Received an email from IRCC stating there was a technical glitch in my application process. Specifically, I wasn't correctly informed about the need to pay the biometric fees.
The email included instructions for paying the biometric collection services fee and submitting the receipt via webform. I promptly made the payment and submitted the receipt as instructed.

However, I haven't received the Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) yet, and the receipt hasn't been added to my profile. To address this, I did the following:

• Called IRCC: They confirmed receipt of my payment and advised me to resubmit the webform.
  • Resubmitted the webform: Initially, I accidentally selected the Federal Skilled Worker class instead of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and had to send the webform again.
I'm concerned about potential delays as my PGWP expires in April next year. Despite my efforts, there's been no update on the BIL, and I'm unsure of my next steps.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any advice on how to expedite this or ensure my application is processed correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hello everyone,

• October 21, 2023: Submitted my PR application and received Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) the same day.
  • December 08, 2023: Received an email from IRCC stating there was a technical glitch in my application process. Specifically, I wasn't correctly informed about the need to pay the biometric fees.
The email included instructions for paying the biometric collection services fee and submitting the receipt via webform. I promptly made the payment and submitted the receipt as instructed.

However, I haven't received the Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) yet, and the receipt hasn't been added to my profile. To address this, I did the following:

• Called IRCC: They confirmed receipt of my payment and advised me to resubmit the webform.
  • Resubmitted the webform: Initially, I accidentally selected the Federal Skilled Worker class instead of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and had to send the webform again.
I'm concerned about potential delays as my PGWP expires in April next year. Despite my efforts, there's been no update on the BIL, and I'm unsure of my next steps.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any advice on how to expedite this or ensure my application is processed correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Hi a lot of people including myself received request to pay biometric fee on Dec 8 and only a few have received biometric instructions letter. I received BIL on Dec 20. All you can do is to wait for BIL.

Reactions: name12345

name12345

Oct 11, 2023
Hi a lot of people including myself received request to pay biometric fee on Dec 8 and only a few have received biometric instructions letter. I received BIL on Dec 20. All you can do is to wait for BIL.
Thank you for confirming that it wasn't just me. That gives me some assurance.

charliewan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Bridgewater
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-06-2023
Nomination.....
28-09-2023
AOR Received.
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
12-12-2023
yes suggest u just wait it

charliewan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Bridgewater
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-06-2023
Nomination.....
28-09-2023
AOR Received.
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
12-12-2023
Thank you. QQ: when submitting the webform did you use your generic 'CAN' UCI or your work permit's?
I used the 'CAN' from the EE profile

charliewan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Bridgewater
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-06-2023
Nomination.....
28-09-2023
AOR Received.
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
12-12-2023
Oh interesting. I used my WP's. When I tried the CAN, the form said it was too long. Did you include the CAN prefix?
oh, did u put u application number as well?

charliewan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Bridgewater
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-06-2023
Nomination.....
28-09-2023
AOR Received.
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
12-12-2023
Yes, I included my application number. I am beginning to suspect that the UCI could be the cause of the delay.
I think u will be fine

justcyanide

Dec 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

Same here, AOR Oct 13, email asking to pay for biometrics received on Dec 8, paid and submitted webform about an hour after I got the email. Got a confirmation on the 14th and no BIL yet. From what I've been reading online there is a LOT of us in this same situation.

I'm a bit annoyed about the email on the 8th, because I was assuming I was going to get my BIL mid-January, as most people seem to be getting it about 3 months after their AOR. That email got me thinking I was going to receive it ASAP but as far as I've seen the people who actually got their BIL after that were all people who had their AORs in September or very early in October (for CEC, I know other streams work faster). I assume we will get them sometime in January, as expected.

MunaWaPee

Dec 14, 2023
Same here, AOR Oct 13, email asking to pay for biometrics received on Dec 8, paid and submitted webform about an hour after I got the email. Got a confirmation on the 14th and no BIL yet. From what I've been reading online there is a LOT of us in this same situation.

I'm a bit annoyed about the email on the 8th, because I was assuming I was going to get my BIL mid-January, as most people seem to be getting it about 3 months after their AOR. That email got me thinking I was going to receive it ASAP but as far as I've seen the people who actually got their BIL after that were all people who had their AORs in September or very early in October (for CEC, I know other streams work faster). I assume we will get them sometime in January, as expected.
Hi are you linked?