+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My AOR is Oct 16, 2023 and I have already received passport request letter or PPR from IRCC. I have extended my work permit twice and restored my status once so according to my agent I was not eligible by BOWP. Its a long story why I couldnt do certain things but in short BOWP was not an option for me. IRCC has already asked for physical photos and passport which they received on April 10. Do i even need portal email to enter Canada again even if I get my passport back with PR Visa?

Medical Passed: January 3, 2024
Biometrics completed: January 10, 2024
Final Decision: April 2, 2024
Passport request: April 3, 2024
I'm a little confused. Sorry, I've been travelling from the last 5 days so my mind is losing info. If you got PPR and sent passports for stamping, you won't need a portal email. I assume you have a visitor visa, but you are outside of Canada. When you send your passports for stamping, they(IRCC) will stamp it with an IM-1 single entry visa - that and CoPR are required to enter Canada.

BUT, if you are inside Canada and sent passports for stamping, you need to know how you'll be landed(to become a PR) since most inland applicants are virtually landed with an eCoPR. My best guess would be that you'll have to exit Canada and enter again - but you need to confirm this with IRCC. Call them tomorrow and ask them this question if that's the case.

Nov 30, 2023
Haha no worries. It's the first case so thank you for confirming. I am outside Canada and have a visitor visa. PPR letter talks about 3 steps, 1st step is any change in circumstances. This is where I am kinda skeptic, since it says if there is a change in contact information i have to notify IRCC but it doesnt say "how". I guess my best option will be to call IRCC and update the contact information. I know I am reading it line by line and probably getting worried about a small thing but one can never take these things for granted.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
• Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
• Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
• Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
• Change in health;
• You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
• Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. In addition, failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca
member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

Manny Singh

Mar 20, 2024
I sent my details for Portal login on March 27th, however, I haven't received anything yet from them. Is there anyone else who is facing the same situation?

Berbs

Apr 23, 2024
Aor: october 19,2023
I did not upload any medical since upfront was not needed but i did not receive any medical instructions until last week april 17 they sent me the letter to submit my medical exam within 14 days otherwise they will decide on whatever documents are in my file. I uploaded a letter stating that ive been waiting for the instructions and medical form from them. But took my medical same day. In my medical sheet i have a umi number. But days after ircc sent me the medical instructions with ime number. Has anyone experienced this? They told me to contact ircc and link the umi with the new ime