+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 visitor visa applicants

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,
We got passport request today , but only for my father, my moms application still shows in progress. My dad is principal applicant with accompanying spouse. Any suggestions on what to do about it ? Or should we just wait for my moms passport request?

Kindly suggest.
Please and Thank

Deolraman40

Oct 19, 2022
Hi,
We got passport request today , but only for my father, my moms application still shows in progress. My dad is principal applicant with accompanying spouse. Any suggestions on what to do about it ? Or should we just wait for my moms passport request?

Kindly suggest.
Please and Thank

Hi dear,
What is their visa timeline?
When did they apply?
Did they have previous travel history or visa for Canada/US?
Waiting for your answer.
Thank you.

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Hi,

Kindly suggest.
Please and Thank
Was that a regular visitor visa? yep, there's nothing you can do but wait.

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Hi Members,
My inlaws visitor visa got rejected saying strong ties in Canada . I have received the GCMS notes there also mentioned strong ties.
I am planning to apply SUPER VISA now, could anyone suggest what kind of document will work to handle the refusal reason
Hey, I was in the same boat. My in-laws application got rejected too with the same reason: no strong ties back home. But we reapplied after 2 weeks. Applied on Oct 1st and we got the passport request today. You should consider reapplying if you can address the refusal concerns.
Good luck!

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Hi dear,
What is their visa timeline?
When did they apply?
Did they have previous travel history or visa for Canada/US?
Waiting for your answer.
Thank you.
Hey, we initially applied on May 23rd this year, but got rejected in September 2nd week. Reapplied by addressing the refusal concerns on Oct 1st, and got passport request today. It was quick because of re-application I guess.

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
HI All,

I applied for my in laws Visitor Visa. They do have a Valid US visitor visa. . Timeline as follows:

Application submitted: Oct 16, 2022
Biometrics Letter: Oct 17, 2022
Biometrics done: Oct 20, 2022

Their Canadian Visa got expired in June 2022. So I am assuming it will be processed under Can+.

I think waiting game starts now!

Last edited:

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Was that a regular visitor visa? yep, there's nothing you can do but wait.
Yes, it’s was regular but in GC key account not in the new visitor visa portal. That thing got glitches. Cant trust that no more since our initial application was through that new portal and got rejected. Lol. Not blaming just the portal but I have heard that your application stays in loop for so long. Also when I applied in the new visitor visa portal, I had 8 duplicate application profiles created by itself for no reason. I hope it didn’t happen to anyone else out here

Last edited:

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hey everyone
My wife and I applied for visitors visa with invitation letter of my cousin and her friend. (2 separate invitations)
we submitted the application on sept. 30th and 2 minutes later we received BIL and we had the appointment for 07/10
my wife is unemployed (housewife) and I have presented employment letter on a permanent contract, the official communication to the work office of my town and my last paycheck.
I also attached my car registration to my name to show that I have ties.
I applied from Bologna, Italy and for biometrics was done on 07/10.
considering my nationality which is Iranian, but being in Italy since 2014, having graduated from University of Bologna as an Engineering major and being already a permanent resident of Italy, how you all see our chances to get the visitors visa?
I'll be travelling to Toronto, from 15/12/2022 to 08/01/2023 to spend Christmas and new year with my cousin and then visit my wife's friend
thank you all in advance.

Reen247

Oct 21, 2022
Hi guys,
applied :10 October
Bio: 18 October
reaso: visit my brother in the Christmas break.

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone. My father's visitor visa was approved back in 2019 and he had completed his biometrics as part of the process in December 2018. However, his passport expired last year and therefore, his Canadian visitor visa expired too. Couple of questions as I help him apply for a new visitor visa:

1. Is it the same process for a renewal as any other regular net new visitor visa application?
2. Should he now apply on the new portal?
3. Does he have to do his biometrics again? (been less than 5 yrs since the last one)
4. Will the process for my father be sooner since he's had a visitor visa in the past, including travel history to Canada?

Thank you!

Deolraman40

Oct 19, 2022
Got PPR on october 20 , they have previous history of travel to canada
Hi. Congratulations.
Did you receive message when eligibility started?

I forgot to sign my invitation letter. Just wrote my name there. Should i send a webform for that??
Please reply.

I applied for both parents,but only my dad have Valid US visa and travel history to US and Canada. Do you think they will process their application together under Can+?

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Hi everyone. My father's visitor visa was approved back in 2019 and he had completed his biometrics as part of the process in December 2018. However, his passport expired last year and therefore, his Canadian visitor visa expired too. Couple of questions as I help him apply for a new visitor visa:

1. Is it the same process for a renewal as any other regular net new visitor visa application?
2. Should he now apply on the new portal?
3. Does he have to do his biometrics again? (been less than 5 yrs since the last one)
4. Will the process for my father be sooner since he's had a visitor visa in the past, including travel history to Canada?

Thank you!
1. Yes, If you are again inviting him, use the new portal to start the application. The site will ask questions on previous visa/visits to Canada and other countries based on which your processing time will be faster. Also documentation required to be submitted maybe lesser but do check the final list to be submitted.
2. Yes
3.No. Biometrics is valid for 10 years. Give the old biometric details while filling up the new application.
4.Yes the new application could get processed under Can+ considering earlier TRV/valid US visa, visits to Canada/USA

Omondi M

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Hi y'all

I applied for a visitor visa to attend a friend's graduation. These are my timelines

Application submitted: Oct 11, 2022
Biometrics Letter: Oct 11, 2022
Biometrics done: Oct 14, 2022
Nothing else from then,I'm still waiting.