+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Spousal Sponsorship online/ Outland

Raj816

Dec 21, 2022
Can someone please help me with the pr tracker. During our application submission we did not write anything in the given name field as per our passport and it was not mandatory for pr application but on pr tracker it is necessary to fill that. I am not sure what to write there. If someone could help me with that?

Marwanjo88

Jan 19, 2023
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common- Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I received this message, what does it mean and what is the next step

Reactions: ashish_india-canada

EVN

Feb 21, 2019
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common- Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I received this message, what does it mean and what is the next step
This is what is known as Approval In Principle (AIP). It may take a while for them to complete the background checks etc., but you are almost there. Congrats! Can you please share your timeline?

"Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if: you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but. you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members"

Last edited:

Marwanjo88

Jan 19, 2023
This is what is known as Approval In Principle (AIP). It may take a while for them to complete the background checks etc., but you are almost there. Congrats! Can you please share your timeline?

"Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if: you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but. you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members"
I only received this e-mail and accepted it as the sponsor's approval, along with the pre-arrival services. Will we have to wait a long time?

Dhaval27

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
halifax nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Can someone please help me with the pr tracker. During our application submission we did not write anything in the given name field as per our passport and it was not mandatory for pr application but on pr tracker it is necessary to fill that. I am not sure what to write there. If someone could help me with that?
same scenario but actually you can leave given name blank but cannot leave fsmily name atleast you have to add space or write blank. So try it the other way and see if it works. Mine is still not working though

Raj816

Dec 21, 2022
same scenario but actually you can leave given name blank but cannot leave fsmily name atleast you have to add space or write blank. So try it the other way and see if it works. Mine is still not working though
Yes it does not work. Thanks for the help though. What is your timeline by the way? Did you get the visa office assigned to you?

Dhaval27

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
halifax nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Yes it does not work. Thanks for the help though. What is your timeline by the way? Did you get the visa office assigned to you?
No not yet Applied 18th Oct AOR 30th Dec BIL SA Medicall 10th and 11th Jan. How about you?

skunal7

Jan 20, 2023
i
October 28. Just had my application returned saying documents are missing and signatures missing. They are clearly there in my application. I quadruple checked and had a friend go over everything as well. It’s clearly there and was uploaded.
Do I know have to redo a whole new portal account?
i think you can only correct what you are missing or create a new file all together. i have no update still, file lodged oct 28

Dhaval27

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
halifax nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
File submission Oct 20
AOR jan 5
Biometric Jan 11
Medical and SA Jan 12
Biometric done Jan 16
Medical done Jan 17
Please keep updating.
What is your visa office and where did you find that?